“rough around the edges”

Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Maury
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The staff have lots of great enthusiasm. But it only goes so far. The breakfast buffet was dismal. Someone should tell them that the waffle makers have to remain closed when not in use or else they don't reach the required temperature. My toilet was not bolted firmly to the floor. I rocked when I sat on it. Sorry to be so blunt. The toilet paper holder pulled out of the wall. The towels were like sandpaper. It's about the only game in town, so I guess I might be back. I'd rather not.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Allyson T, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Maury, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to send in your thoughts and comments about our hotel. Here at the Baymont Inn and Suites Columbia Tn. we strive to ensure every one of our guests leaves wanting to come back to the hotel. I want to personally apologize that you left feeling as if you would rather not. I appreciate your comments about the toilet and have already had my maintance man fix both that and the toilet paper holder. We will soon be expanding our breakfast buffett to include hard boiled eggs and yogart to continue to improve on what we offer on the breakfast. I truly hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you how we can not only excel with an enthusiastic staff but with our rooms and taking comments like yours to improve other areas as well.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Allyson T, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Maury, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Reviewed February 4, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a week while its name transitioned from "Jameson Inn" to the new "Baymont Inn".

OVERALL, it was a pleasant stay (after some negotiating) yet there's room for improvement

PROS
-friendly and helpful staff
-fair price
-fairly clean though small rooms
-close to many restaurants and shopping centers in Columbia, TN
-free Wi-fi and breakfast

CONS
-room courtesy: in spite of calling in advance to request their quietest room and in spite of the fact that I was staying for a whole week, they still put me in the worst room (1st floor, facing the busy road)... so I AGAIN had to again ask to be placed on the upper floor away from the street). Why is it hotels cannot voluntarily always give the better rooms to their clients without having to be asked?
-gym: no free weights (only 3 machines) and has a water cooler with no water but plenty of cups
-breakfast: even if I weren't gluten-intolerant, I'd still be bored with the exact same limited breakfast every day (ie. cereal, some kind of cream for the biscuits, waffles and fruit... no eggs, bacon, protein, or much other than carbs)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south side and on the upper floors to avoid traffic area
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Allyson T, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Maury, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are continually working to improve all of our guests stays. I apologize that your request was not met prior to your arrival. We strive to ensure that all of our guests’ needs and requests are accommodated. I am glad to learn that we were able to find a room that satisfied your needs, but I apologize for the inconvenience of having to move rooms; which is never our goal. We are currently planning on improving some portions of our breakfast including adding hard boiled eggs and yogurt to the daily menu. We hope to see you in the future as we continue to update and improve the hotel!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I've never stayed in a Jameson Inn before and didn't know exactly what to expect. I was hoping for something on par with a Hampton Inn but found something more on par with a Super 8. Actually, I've stayed in nicer Super 8s.
The room smelled exactly like a leftover Subway sandwich that had been left out to rot. The large armchair (good idea) was threadbare. There were hairs on the vanity and the sink was cracked. The caulking around the shower was peeling away and mildewed. The carpet was dirty.
The bed was rock hard.
The only evidence of renovation was a flat-screen TV. The TV was nice but only showed standard-definition channels.
It was nice to have a microwave and refrigerator in the room, and the WiFi was speedy by hotel standards.
I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ToughCritic36

Thank you for taking the time to respond to your stay here at the Baymont Inn and Suites. I am sorry that your experience was not up to your standards or ours. We strive to ensure that every guest checks into a spotless room. I have spoken with my housekeeping department about your stay. I appreciate your input and I am sorry to hear that we fell short. We have made adjustments to ensure that the same mistakes will not be made in the future. We have changed over to a Baymont Inn & Suites since your stay, and we are starting to improve the hotel with brand new curved shower rods and an improved breakfast menu. We are also working to continually monitor the condition of the caulking in the hotel. We would love to have you stay with us again if you are back in the area; and would appreciate the chance to demonstrate our dedication to providing quality service and accommodations. Please call me directly at (931) 388-3326, and I will be more than happy to meet your needs at any time in the future.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

My wife and I checked in two weeks ago today for two (2) days.The next morning we went shopping and arrived back at the hotel around lunch time to find our room empty of our belongings.I went to the front desk to find out was going on and to the whereabouts of our belongings.I was told they "thought" our stay was for one night.I told them the stay was for two nights when we checked in.Obviously the GM was NOT listening to my wishes.She was taking complaints over the phone etc while we were checking in..I felt like we were staying at a motel that billed by the hour-not the day.I am a very severe diabetic and panicked when they ceased all of my medications.Needles etc etc..I was told by the GM that they would be forwarding my wife and I a discount on our next visit.It never came!!( Promises- Promises)And to top it all off-I had to demand my refund back for the prior evening..

Room Tip: Stay away from this place all together !
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank 140Traveler
JIColumbia, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Maury, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience here at the Jameson Inn Columbia. I am sorry for any misunderstanding that occurred relating to the agreed length of your stay. Because we understand the importance of your medication, our desk staff attempted to contact you at the time of its discovery. We strive to ensure that every guest has a perfect stay, and are dissappointed that we did not meet those expectations. We have recently upgraded all of our room ammenities to include: gourmet coffee, new 37 inch flat screen televisions, and our dreamium beds, to better serve our guests. We take situations like yours very seriously and welcome feedback as a way to continue to improve our service and training methods. I apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay and would warmly welcome an opportunity to provide a better stay on a return visit.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had a nice stay at the Jameson Inn for the three nights we stayed. The thing that most impressed me was , when we started to leave we had a flat tire and one of the staff changed it for us and told us where to go to get another tire. We were very grateful for the help. Our party was all women and none of us had changed a tire before.The place was clean, good price and the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sandra54211
JIColumbia, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Maury, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience! I am so proud of my team and the way that they understand the true meaning of hospitality. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to help out. Thank you for staying at the Jameson Inn, we look forward to seeing you again.

Jameson Inn Columbia, TN