“Decent but room for improvement”

Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Maury
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Columbia
Ottawa, Illinois
“Decent but room for improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a week while its name transitioned from "Jameson Inn" to the new "Baymont Inn".

OVERALL, it was a pleasant stay (after some negotiating) yet there's room for improvement

PROS
-friendly and helpful staff
-fair price
-fairly clean though small rooms
-close to many restaurants and shopping centers in Columbia, TN
-free Wi-fi and breakfast

CONS
-room courtesy: in spite of calling in advance to request their quietest room and in spite of the fact that I was staying for a whole week, they still put me in the worst room (1st floor, facing the busy road)... so I AGAIN had to again ask to be placed on the upper floor away from the street). Why is it hotels cannot voluntarily always give the better rooms to their clients without having to be asked?
-gym: no free weights (only 3 machines) and has a water cooler with no water but plenty of cups
-breakfast: even if I weren't gluten-intolerant, I'd still be bored with the exact same limited breakfast every day (ie. cereal, some kind of cream for the biscuits, waffles and fruit... no eggs, bacon, protein, or much other than carbs)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south side and on the upper floors to avoid traffic area
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Allyson T, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Maury, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are continually working to improve all of our guests stays. I apologize that your request was not met prior to your arrival. We strive to ensure that all of our guests’ needs and requests are accommodated. I am glad to learn that we were able to find a room that satisfied your needs, but I apologize for the inconvenience of having to move rooms; which is never our goal. We are currently planning on improving some portions of our breakfast including adding hard boiled eggs and yogurt to the daily menu. We hope to see you in the future as we continue to update and improve the hotel!
Allyson Trull

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

I've never stayed in a Jameson Inn before and didn't know exactly what to expect. I was hoping for something on par with a Hampton Inn but found something more on par with a Super 8. Actually, I've stayed in nicer Super 8s.
The room smelled exactly like a leftover Subway sandwich that had been left out to rot. The large armchair (good idea) was threadbare. There were hairs on the vanity and the sink was cracked. The caulking around the shower was peeling away and mildewed. The carpet was dirty.
The bed was rock hard.
The only evidence of renovation was a flat-screen TV. The TV was nice but only showed standard-definition channels.
It was nice to have a microwave and refrigerator in the room, and the WiFi was speedy by hotel standards.
I would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ToughCritic36
Thank you for taking the time to respond to your stay here at the Baymont Inn and Suites. I am sorry that your experience was not up to your standards or ours. We strive to ensure that every guest checks into a spotless room. I have spoken with my housekeeping department about your stay. I appreciate your input and I am sorry to hear that we fell short. We have made adjustments to ensure that the same mistakes will not be made in the future. We have changed over to a Baymont Inn & Suites since your stay, and we are starting to improve the hotel with brand new curved shower rods and an improved breakfast menu. We are also working to continually monitor the condition of the caulking in the hotel. We would love to have you stay with us again if you are back in the area; and would appreciate the chance to demonstrate our dedication to providing quality service and accommodations. Please call me directly at (931) 388-3326, and I will be more than happy to meet your needs at any time in the future.
Allyson Trull

Travelers are raving about these Columbia hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

My wife and I checked in two weeks ago today for two (2) days.The next morning we went shopping and arrived back at the hotel around lunch time to find our room empty of our belongings.I went to the front desk to find out was going on and to the whereabouts of our belongings.I was told they "thought" our stay was for one night.I told them the stay was for two nights when we checked in.Obviously the GM was NOT listening to my wishes.She was taking complaints over the phone etc while we were checking in..I felt like we were staying at a motel that billed by the hour-not the day.I am a very severe diabetic and panicked when they ceased all of my medications.Needles etc etc..I was told by the GM that they would be forwarding my wife and I a discount on our next visit.It never came!!( Promises- Promises)And to top it all off-I had to demand my refund back for the prior evening..

Room Tip: Stay away from this place all together !
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank 140Traveler
JIColumbia, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Maury, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience here at the Jameson Inn Columbia. I am sorry for any misunderstanding that occurred relating to the agreed length of your stay. Because we understand the importance of your medication, our desk staff attempted to contact you at the time of its discovery. We strive to ensure that every guest has a perfect stay, and are dissappointed that we did not meet those expectations. We have recently upgraded all of our room ammenities to include: gourmet coffee, new 37 inch flat screen televisions, and our dreamium beds, to better serve our guests. We take situations like yours very seriously and welcome feedback as a way to continue to improve our service and training methods. I apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay and would warmly welcome an opportunity to provide a better stay on a return visit.
Easley, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had a nice stay at the Jameson Inn for the three nights we stayed. The thing that most impressed me was , when we started to leave we had a flat tire and one of the staff changed it for us and told us where to go to get another tire. We were very grateful for the help. Our party was all women and none of us had changed a tire before.The place was clean, good price and the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sandra54211
JIColumbia, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Maury, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience! I am so proud of my team and the way that they understand the true meaning of hospitality. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to help out. Thank you for staying at the Jameson Inn, we look forward to seeing you again.

Jameson Inn Columbia, TN
Lexington, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

You will not go wrong here. Great room, clean and comfortable. Staff was great.

Room Tip: great place
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
JIColumbia, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Maury, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for taking time to post your feedback regarding your stay at Jameson Inn, Columbia, TN. It is our goal to ensure that all of our guests have the best experience while staying with us, so it makes me very happy to read that you found us clean and comfortable! We hope to see you again. Sincerely Allyson Trull General Manager
Knoxiville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

I am a priceline junkie! However, at times, and especially in smaller towns it is difficult to procure a winning bid. I couldn't get a win in Columbia, Franklin or Brentwood, but I did get an "express deal" on Priceline of $56 for this hotel. It was clean, comfortable and quiet. I would revisit if in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
JIColumbia, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Maury, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for taking time to post your feedback regarding your stay at Jameson Inn, Columbia, TN. It is our goal to ensure that all of our guests have the best experience while staying with us, so it makes me very excited to read that you found us clean, comfortable and quiet! We hope to see you again.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed here for 2 days and and was hoping for a good night's rest when I walked in and saw a sign that said enjoy our "daydream" beds or something to that effect and boy was I wrong. Lobby area and dining area was nice with a big flat panel TV so all was looking good till I got in the room.

The rooms need remodeling as my bathroom wall near the shower was coming apart (Picture included). No flat panel TV's in the rooms, carpet needs replaced, towel hanger in the bathroom was very loose as well and seemed like it was ready to fall off. I was hoping that the bed would be the saving grace but I was denied that as well. The bed was rock hard, decent pillows but the bed was not comfy at all.

This hotel offered a free continental breakfast which includes toast, cereal and biscuits and gravy so that was ok but this was not a pleasurable stay. Won't stay at the Jameson again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Maury, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments pertaining to your stay. We strive to ensure each guest has an enjoyable stay and I am disappointed to learn you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I We are currently upgrading all Jameson Inn hotels and will soon have Flat Screen TV’s and new granite counters at all of our hotels. Thank you again for taking time to post your review.
Allyson Trull
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
Super 8 Columbia
Super 8 Columbia
#7 of 9 in Columbia
BEST WESTERN Spring Hill Inn & Suites

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Maury? Share your experiences!