“Hampton Inns are consistently good”

Hampton Inn Columbia
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We have rarely stayed in a Hampton Inn that didn't meet our expectations! Very clean, friendly staff, nice complimentary breakfast. Sometimes they are a little pricey for a "modestly priced" hotel, but usually affordable. We are Hilton Honors members and stay regularly, so we have had a couple of free nights. The downside is that it takes quite a few stays to get a free night and we had a horrible time straightening out the mess when we were assigned 3 or 4 different honors members numbers. But it's all good now!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel n Saturday night, May 25. The rooms are outdated, show a lot of wear and not worth the cost. Unless remodeled, I would consider other properties. The cost was $145 plus taxes for a king suite this was after using my AAA discount. There is a brand new Holiday Inn Express right next door that I will consider next time. OR stay at another Hampton Inn closer to Nashville. I am a Diamond member and try to remain loyal to Hampton but this hotel is just flat out not worth the cost.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Darleina B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2016

We thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip. Reading your comments, it appears that we fell short of your expectations and for that, we sincerely apologize. We are accustomed to receiving very positive feedback from our guests and are disheartened that you did not experience the level of excellence you deserve. Please be assured that your concerns will be shared with our management team so that corrective measures are taken where feasible.

We do hope that you can give us another opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel if your travels bring you to our area again.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

On recent travel through the area we stopped at an adjacent hotel to inquire on prices. Then we decided to do the same for this Hampton. Although initially the prices were similar, the Hampton offered us a greater discount for my husband's veteran status so we chose them. We were quite pleased with the experience, the check in process was easy, the staff eager to assist. The hotel was clean and quiet and the room was comfortable. We will definitely stay at a Hampton again, and based on our stay recently, we would choose this one again if we travel through the area.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Just a great stay all around. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and had a genuine concern that their guests were well pleased.The property was very well kept on the outside and the rooms were exceptionally clean. The beds were very comfortable and everything in the room was well maintained and working properly. The only down side about staying here is the lack of quality restaurants in the immediate area.

Room Tip: I would request a room on the back of the hotel, away from the Interstate noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

My opinion is you see what you want in the pictures. That is what I look at when making my decision. This was a great clean facility. Room 103. 2 queen comfy beds. Breakfast in the morning. Breakfast to go bags for people that need to go in a hurry. Crystal clear HD TVs

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The staff was very friendly and check-in was a breeze. In the morning, the breakfast staff was cheerful and the food was good--better than I have had at other hotels recently. The room was clean from floor to ceiling, and my bed was quite comfortable. I was in a room next to the elevator, and even that did not bother me. The hotel was quiet and I got a restful night's sleep.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We found this Hampton Inn to be a quite good hotel. Really, what all Hamptons should be. The staff that we contacted were all friendly and helpful. The arrival cookies were excellent! The HVAC was quiet. The plumbing was quiet (a pretty good trick because I think the water pressure is pretty high). The room was clean and quiet, but be sure to try to get a room on the rear of the hotel. The front is very close to I65 and large trucks using compression brakes for the exits. The swimming pool is on the outside of the hotel, which is fine with me because that is where the chlorine smell and the humidity stay. Breakfast was "as advertised" for a typical Hampton, and we didn't go hungry. But speaking of hungry, there is a local problem that is unrelated to the Hampton Inn. Other than a Cracker Barrel and a similar local version of the Cracker Barrel (both very close to the hotel), we found few discriminating restaurants in the area of Columbia. We ended up at the Cracker Barrel, and the food was good, but we were looking for something a little nicer. I guess the places that we were hoping for are in Spring Hill or Franklin.

Room Tip: Less traffic noise in rooms on the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Holiday Inn Express Columbia
Super 8 Columbia
#8 of 10 in Columbia
9 mi away
Holiday Inn Express - Nashville South - Spring Hill

Been to Hampton Inn Columbia? Share your experiences!