“Very Nice Property”

Hampton Inn Columbia
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I haven't stayed in a Hampton Inn in years as they are generally higher priced than other similar chains, but I was pleasantly surprised by our stay. The interior has been recently redecorated and was super nice. The breakfast was probably one of the better "free" breakfasts that I have had. The staff was very nice and in one case went well above the call of duty.

To make a long story short, I called in to get directions. The night desk person didn't really know how to give detailed directions because he was fairly new to the area. I have gotten this excuse from other hotels before and while not the individuals issue, I think the hotel manager needs to ensure that all staff members know how to give directions to the hotel. In the middle of puzzling out the directions, my phone dropped the call. How surprised was I when the phone rang after a minute or two and it was the desk clerk! I didn't give him my name when I called in originally so we were either the last of the reservations to arrive and he looked us up or he noticed our area code and looked us up, but in any case, I was super impressed. Not a lot of desk clerks would take the the time to do this. So whoever you were (you worked the night shift on Thursday, Sept 30th), you really have a lock on customer service. Additionally he called again after 30 minutes to make sure we hadn't gotten lost. Employee of the month!

My only complaints about the hotel was the absence of a service elevator; we often had to dodge the housekeeping and laundry carts in the morning as they barrelled off the main elevator.

The other complaint is more of an observation. If you're coming off the interstate the location is awesome, but if you need to get somewhere in the surrounding countryside, it's a bit of a pain as it's not actually located in the City of Columbia, but nearly nine miles away.

Otherwise, I was thoroughly impressed by this Hampton Inn and look forward to staying in another one soon.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had no intention of staying in Columnia but as it turned out a very nice comfortable stay. We don't like to travel in the dark so stopped with no reservations. The front desk was most curteous giving us a first floor room and with a quick check in we were asleep in no time. The room as in the case of every Hampton we stayed in was clean, comfortable, decorated quite nicely and with good internet connection. Breakfast was nice and the "brown bag" snacks with the bottle of watter they sent us off with was quite nice. A little Hampton extra which is very appreciated. Would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Had an excellent stay at the Hampton Inn in Columbia while on a work trip. The staff are friendly and attentive, the rooms are large, clean and comfortable, and the location is convenient. Not only do they have a decent selection for the free breakfast, they give you a bag snack to take with you. The exercise room is decent, although the outdoor pool is rather small. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Traveling south through Tennessee we wanted to get past Nashville, thus the choice of Columbia. This hotel is located just off of the interstate, making our exit and re-entry very convenient. The staff were very welcoming and friendly, at check in, breakfast, and check out. We were assigned a room on the second floor, facing the rear parking lot, which was very quiet.
The beds were comfortable, and the room was very typical. One feature that was much appreciated was the number of electrical outlets, especially in the bathroom.
Breakfast was sufficient, and we were sent on our way with hot coffee and brown bags of snacks.
We would certainly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Was here for a week on business and found the front desk staff to be very friendly. The rooms are in decent shape and the gym and pool and breakfast were standard. I would definately recommend it for business, but not really a lot to do if you are traveling with kids.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank striker008
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Stayed here on business and found this to be a very clean hotel with friendly staff.It's a little
out of the way but there is close access to the interstate. The pool was also very clean and always fresh coffee on.
I would stay here again if I was down this way

Room Tip: avoid the room by the gym, the tv is always turned way up because of the noise of the treadmills