“We would stay again...”
Review of Days Inn Columbia

Days Inn Columbia
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed in room 110 on 12/1/12. The location is great. The room looked and smelled clean. Right after we brought all our things into the room I used the bathroom and a few minutes after flushing the toilet, I heard water hitting the floor. The water was coming from the handle on the toilet. I removed the lid on the tank and realized it was overfilling because of a worn out floater valve. Having dealt with my share of those in the past, I just fiddled with the valve and it was fine. Every time I flushed the toilet I had to fiddle with the valve to get it to stop filling though. Kind of annoying but after having a long, exhausting day, I didn't want to have to move all my things to another room so I didn't ask for one since everything else was fine. The bed was amazing!! We have back problems and we already were hurting quite a bit from the days events. This bed was just perfect. And even better, there were plenty of nice thick pillows so we could comfortably prop ourselves up in bed to watch the Christmas shows in TV. We had a jacuzzi in our tub and we both used it which helped ease our sore muscles. I asked for extra towels which I was kindly given. The staff was very friendly and polite. We will definitely be booking this motel again when we come that direction for anything. Thanks for a nice stay!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed at this motel Nov 8-9-10,2012.most discusting experiece. Asked for ground floor room in advance,was never told not avaliable(construction workers must live here). Short notice and nothing else avaliable in Columbia. I have pacemaker and artificals knees,no accomodations for handicap here,never noted in infomation for reservations! Room provided had NO LOCK on door. Finally moved to another room. Guest before us must of had a good time,empty pizza box and used condoums under the bed! One of the towels had brown stripe markes.don't think they were ironing marks!

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DaysInn11576, Manager at Days Inn Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Reviewed November 8, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The price was right and a great place to stay if your doing a tour of the area. The room was comfortable and the staff was very plesant.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ROBERT L
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We would have left after seeing the room, but booked on short notice and it was the only place in town with a room.
Mildew all over the bathroom. So much dirt built up in the corners the were not square. Dirty carpet. Stinky room. In the breakfast area dried gunk spilled all down the front of the cabinets. Thin, dingy towels....
Oh, yeah - and the room was almost $100 because it had a jacuzzi in the bathroom.
I will be contacting Days Inn to report the facility.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2010

I wasn't thrilled to begin with. I booked the property because on the Wyndham website, it is listed as I-65, exit 46. Well, it was another 8 miles from exit 46. I had to call to even figure out where it was. When I arrived, the smirk from the clerk suggested this wasn't the first time this had happened.

There's only one way to described the room - disgusting! There was a hole in the wall. There was a hole around the smoke detector. There were no sprinklers. The trim had been removed from the tile floor, so dirt was collected along where the floor met the wall. The bathtub was so dirty, we didn't even shower. There was dried urine in front of the toilet. It looked like they had recently painted and didn't bother to tape the trim off, so paint was everywhere.

There were three lamps as the source of lighting in the main section of the room. Only one had a light bulb in it. The toilet ran all night. I finally jiggled the handle at one point and it stopped. The heating/cooling unit was broken. It was unplugged when we arrived. I plugged it in and realized that it wouldn't shut off. And it only had two settings - blazing hot or freezing cold. I got to sleep about an hour at a time because the heat would wake me up and I'd have to switch it again. When I mentioned this at check out, the guy couldn't have cared less.

The place was so dirty, that we didn't even eat the free breakfast. The thought of eating something from that place was less than appetizing. So, we just got up, threw on our clothes and were out the door. When I went to check out, there was a phone on the counter that said please dial "0" for service. I dialed it and it rang the front desk. About three minutes later, the same guy that had checked me in 12 hours earlier came stumbling in looking quite disheveled. I can only assume that he was sleeping somewhere in the back. He didn't greet me or ask how my stay was. His only words to me were "sign this."

I truly wish I had read the reviews here first. Never, never again!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank jtkoneill
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Comfort Inn
#2 of 2 in Lewisburg
Hampton Inn Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
#1 of 9 in Columbia

Been to Days Inn Columbia? Share your experiences!