“Outstanding!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Columbia
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Front desk outstanding!!! Check in- Outstanding!!! Room clean and very spacious. Try a king executive suite, what a treat!! Highly recommend this hotel. The breakfast area was very clean and the service was very attentive.
The young lady who checked me in ought to manage IHG, she really has it together.
Columbia is in the middle of nowhere but this hotel really has it together!!!

Room Tip: ask for a King executive suite.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The three members of my team were greeted warmly by two front desk employees upon arrival, late on a Monday night. We were checked in quickly and efficiently...which seems to be harder and harder to find. I don't know the age of this hotel but it is either relatively new or has a relatively new remodel. Either way, this is a clean and comfortable place to stay that you will not be disappointed with. An indoor pool and a smallish fitness center that includes a treadmill, an exercise bike, an elliptical machine and a small assortment of dumbells. Nice place to stay. One word of advice, if you are a light sleeper, you may want to request a room that faces the back of the hotel because (like many hotels) there is a freeway near the front. I put the fan setting to ON to create the white noise necessary for good sleep.

Room Tip: rooms facing the back of the hotel should be a little quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Spent the weekend with a group of girls and parents at a softball tournament. We booked at HIE because it had a pool but were very pleasantly surprised that it had a LOT more... The rooms were great, the lobby was great, the facilities were great but... the SERVICE was off the charts. Because our girls had softball tournaments the whole weekend we needed to wash their uniforms, well the washing machine was very slow and we were lining up to get the wash done and go to bed, the front office girl offered to wash our clothes and dry them at NO cost!!! She was amazing and did all she could to make sure they had what they needed for the next day... (Leslie you rock!!!)

Room Tip: I booked thru Expedia but would have paid $20 less if i had book at the hotel...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Very quiet clean and comfortable. Our room was spacious and I will stay again. Breakfast was good too. Very quiet clean and comfortable. Our room was spacious and I will stay again. Breakfast was good too.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed here a number of times and find it to be consistently excellent. All the staff is welcoming and helpful, rooms are nice, location is easy off/easy on the highway. Breakfast is standard fare but there's always the Waffle House down the lane.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight on the trip home from Florida. The gentleman who checked us in at the front desk was very friendly and personable - I wish I could recall his name now. Definitely made a good impression on us.

The room was clean and comfortable - king size bed, plenty of pillows in both soft and firm varieties. Room amenities included fridge, microwave, coffee maker, small hair dryer, free wireless internet, etc. The room rate included breakfast, which smelled wonderful, but we missed out on it (ended at 9:30AM). The pool area looked nice, though we didn't swim (checked in too late...pool closed at 10:00PM).

While the hotel is right off the interstate, there is plenty of road noise along the front rooms, but it wasn't too terrible. I slept much better for our night's stay than I did the entire time we were in Florida :) My only complaint was one of the neighboring rooms had the TV up really loud, then proceeded to listen to their phone messages on speaker phone really loud. The air conditioner did aide in covering a bit of the noise, and finally those individuals went to sleep.

All in all, it was a very pleasant stay - I would definitely stop here again when passing through that area.

Room Tip: If sensitive to road noise, see if you can get a room that isn't on the front side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed here on April 12, 2013. The hotel is very close to the highway making it a quick stop and start if that is important to you. It was a very quick easy check in. The place was very clean. The bed was nice. The breakfast was very good as well. They even helped me with some toothpaste when I realized that we had forgot ours. We definetly would stay here again.

Room Tip: I am not sure if it matters but we asked for a room facing away from the highway for possible road n...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
#7 of 9 in Columbia
Hampton Inn Spring Hill
Hampton Inn Spring Hill
#1 of 3 in Spring Hill

Been to Holiday Inn Express Columbia? Share your experiences!