“A Last Minute Perfect Stay!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed July 1, 2012

After an exhausting 9 hr. drive through an hour of Friday afternoon rush hour in Nashville, I pulled in to this Comfort Inn hoping for a room even though the parking lot was packed. The young lady was so friendly and receptive that I wanted to hug her! My room was huge and spectacularly clean! (And, I am picky!). Breakfast was fine, but not outstanding. I'm not a big breakfast eater so it was fine with me. The only negative was the lack of restaurants at the exit, but the hotel was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Ceciliaharris_12

Reviewed June 15, 2012

The front desk associate, Carolyn, was very helpful - overlooking a date error in our reservation and still allowing the same discounted rate. Wonderfully accommodating and ready to serve.
The breakfast bar was well stocked with quality items and the person overseeing the food, Rose I believe, was delightful and helpful. A very good overall stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Hotel is convient near Interstate. Front desk very friendly. Room was OK, A typical medium price motel room. No elevator and had steep stairs and noisey air conditioner. Upstairs corridor was hot. A typical free breakfast with yauckee imitation eggs. The building is old and worn and is in need of remodeling.

Room Tip: Parquett room delivery pizza was too salty to be edible.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Room was updated and very attractive and clean. Will likely stay here again next year on our way home from FL. Breakfast was less than fair (horrible scrambled eggs) and coffee and foods were not promptly replenished when emptied.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Stayed here on our spring break trip to Florida. The hotel is just off I-65 south of Nashville.
The front staff was friendly enough, but they gave me one rate and wouldn't reduce it for a AAA discount. I was also dispappointed they didn't offer roll out beds as I had 5 in my group, so my daughter had to sleep on the floor.

Offered a basic breakfast including biscuits and gravy and waffles. Things were running out when I got to breakfast, but the staff did identify the shortages and was able to restock fairly fast.

The rooms were clean enough. The room was your typical average sized room. The remote on the TV only went down and not up, nor could you tell it to go to certain number, so I had to go through all the channels again once I passed it.

My daughter was reluctant to get into the pool as the water was murky.

Price of room was $80 plus tax, so not a great value for what you get.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My first two tries for a motel struck out--filled up--but the Comfort Inn took me in. There was a local event--Mule Days, I think--that had strained motel capacity. The rate was higher than I expected, probably having been elevated for the event.
A fine big room, with a bathtub that fit my 6' 2" body. I suspect that the motel had started out as part of a higher-priced chain and then got sold. Everything worked just fine. Breakfast was basic but good.
I think that the free internet had been installed recently. It was sometimes slow and generated quite a few "server not found" messages. But it didn't cost anything. Maybe the kinks have been worked out.
So, who can complain? I remember motels with coin-in-the-slot radios, 25 cents for two hours. Of course they were $6 a night, not $122.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2012

The room was a good value for a basic hotel room. A little dated but everything worked and it was clean. The continental breakfast was a little sparse but that was probably just because a large group had just left when I got there. Overall a comfortable clean room for less than $80.00.

• Stayed: March 2012