“Fried chicken to die for!”

Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken
Ranked #5 of 121 Restaurants in Collierville
Description: At Gus's we're all about the food. Gus's restaurants are low-key with a southern flare where you will hear soulful classics emitting from the jukebox. Many people call Gus's a "blues-infused southern eatery." At Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken we focus on the chicken. We begin by using quality chicken which is treated to our special preparation techniques before being marinated in our proprietary batter. Once it's properly fried to a crisp golden-brown, we serve it up with a plate full of southern inspired sides and a cold beer or sweet tea. The result? Customers line up at our door before we're even open.
Valrico, Florida
“Fried chicken to die for!”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We were lucky enough to stop by and enjoy this great fried chicken. If you are in the area, definitely add this on the list to try. Not only was the chicken great, but the sides and service was also very good. Just be careful about the location as it is not a typical looking restaurant location, but actually what appears to be a house. Also, parking is limited, but don't worry - it's so worth your time!

• Visited November 2013

Collierville, Tennessee
“It'll make you wanna slap yo momma”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Gus' fried chicken is superb. So good, it'll make you wanna slap yo momma. The sides are good, nothing spectacular, but the chicken can't be beat. It's a little spicy, but not too hot. YUM! I've only dined at the Collierville location, but I'm sure they are all the same recipe. Try it.....you'll like it....I mean LOVE it.

Visited August 2013
Collierville
“The best fried chicken ever had”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

know this restaurant for years, and its fried chicken, particularly after waiting for some time for its freshly fried, is the best fried chicken ever had. it's crispy outside, with some spicy flavor, tender and juicy inside, very tasteful! the price is comparable to other fried chicken restaurant, and sometimes, it's even lower.

Visited October 2013
Central Florida, Florida
“Great for chicken lovers, but other choices are limited”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My spouse loves good, well-seasoned fried chicken. He was very happy with the meal here. I am not a lover of fried foods, and I did not have many other alternatives that appealed to me. So, since this is a fried chicken restaurant, I'll just review the chicken he had and the service. I had a vegetable plate that was average. He thought the friend chicken was some of the best he had eaten in the greater Memphis area. The service was good and the price was reasonable. Check the website before heading out to ensure that others in your party will find menu items they will enjoy.

• Visited August 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
“Superb fried chicken and catfish”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My son and I stopped by on a recent visit in the area and were very pleasantly surprised. This location is in an old house and has very friendly personnel. The chicken is excellent with just the right kick of spiciness. My son tried the catfish and pronounced it the best he has ever had (and he's had a lot)! He also liked the mac and cheese saying it was the best on this trip and he tried it at almost every place we stopped. I tried their coconut pie and would give it a pass next time as I found it a bit dry. Their tea was the best on our trip and we definitely asked for 'to go' cups. We'll go out of our way the next time we are here or near other locations!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Toothsc

Been to Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken? Share your experiences!