“Nice for the business trip”

Courtyard Memphis Collierville
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Collierville
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The room was very clean and very modern, which is a big plus, however was disappointed that the breakfast room was under construction so when you walked into the lobby, all you saw was the large yellow "under construction" tape. Also, was disapointed that there was no "in-house" bar/restaurant as the nearby restaurants seemed rather pricey for just wanting to order a light meal to be able to eat in my room. They did offer something they called a "market" which was really just a small fridge that had two pre-wrapped sandwiches or one pre-wrapped salad..

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardCville, Director of Sales at Courtyard Memphis Collierville, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

We appreciate your staying with us and apologize for the inconvenience you encountered. We installed new carpet in our lobby, therefore converting our meeting space to a temporary breakfast area for that week. We provided complimentary breakfast to all our guests that week, but do apologize that we did not provide our typical lobby environment.

Thank you for your feedback on restaurants. Our hotel will be upgrading soon to the Bistro style lobby, which will include Starbucks coffee as well as a lounge. Plus, we will offer menu options throughout the day, in addition to the homemade sandwiches and salads that are offered in the Market.

Again, thank you for staying with us. We hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Of all the places I've stayed in the Memphis area, this area feels safest. The rooms are clean and well maintained. However, the walls are very thin. And while it's strange that none of the outlets on the lights work, the other outlets work so it doesn't really matter. WiFi didn't work during one of my stays.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardCville, Director of Sales at Courtyard Memphis Collierville, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you so much for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. We appreciate your feedback, and will be sure to share your comments with our management team. If you would like to discuss further, I will gladly do so. Please contact me at your convenience.

Kind regards,

(901) 850-9390

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Wow looked nice but floors creaked (particularly annoying was the guy above me who walked back and forth). In addition most of the outlets on the lights didn't work. Pricey for a beat up property. Not one I would stay at again. I much prefer the Marriott on thousand oak

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardCville, Director of Sales at Courtyard Memphis Collierville, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for your review. Being that our hotel is only four years old, I am a bit confused as to the meaning of "older than it is."

We strive to ensure that all of our guests enjoy their stay, and would greatly appreciate your contacting me, so that we can discuss the maintenance issues that you encountered in your room. We have not received any feedback regarding electrical outlets on the lamps not working from any other guests, and would like the opportunity to repair this if needed.

Being located in the East Memphis/Perkins Road area for a few decades, the Memphis Marriott Thousand Oaks is a landmark. I am sure that they do a great job at that property, and I know that you mentioned that you enjoy staying there, but we would appreciate the opportunity to serve you again in the future. We would like for you to enjoy the service and accommodations that many of our guests repeatedly experience.

You can reach me on my direct line at (901) 316-1304.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This courtyard is excellent! So clean and well kept. cleaning staff and desk people were very accommodating. Walls were a little thin but other than that no complaints.

Rebeccah was our desk clerk for the two evenings we were there. She was fantastic! She went out of her way to make sure we were taken care of and she did it all with a warm smile. I've been to quite a few hotels and most desk clerks aren't very welcoming... and I can imagine dealing with demanding people all day isn't easy. She definitely seems to love what she does and I think she's great at it.

Thank you Courtyard and Rebeccah for a great stay!!

Room Tip: Loved getting to overlook the mall side! Beds were comfortable and I love the decor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CaTaLySt9
CourtyardCville, Director of Sales at Courtyard Memphis Collierville, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our team works diligently to ensure that we are providing excellent service to all our guests. We are truly fortunate to have such a wonderful team, and will be sure to share your comments with our team, especially with Rebeccah.

If I can ever be of service to you, please contact me personally. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I spent two nights here during the Thanksgiving holiday. The hotel property was really nice, clean and located adjacent to a really nice mall. The room was cozy, comfortable and clean and the breakfast buffet was great. The only problem I encountered was during check in. My family and I had several room reserved and we arrived at the same time. As soon as we walked in the door we were met with "I got in engaged today!!!" by Rebeccah. And of course we congratulated her and began our check in process. I was the first to began the check in process and the whole time Rebeccah was talking about how excited she was and that she had been messing up people's rooms and other things since she'd gotten there but they had all forgiven her and went on. I guess I should have asked what were the other things but I didn't. My sisters on the other had moved over to allow another young check them in. (lucky them) Well after being the first to start checking in, I was the last to get finish checking in because of all the nonstop talking. I was so relieved to finally be finish and just wanted to get my luggage and children up to the room to relax for a little while after being on the road all day. I got up to the room and my key didn't work. I had to go back to Rebeccah to let her know and she says " Oh, I programmed the keys to the wrong room". Are you kidding me? Then once I'm back upstairs in my room, I check my credit card to find out she double charged me!! On my way out for the evening I ask her about it and she says "the system just does that on it's own but don't worry about it". Again, are you kidding me?!! However, the same system didn't charge my sisters'(who were checked in by the other young lady there) cards. This left a very bad impression on us and her nonchalent attitude about all the mistakes she made that day did not help things at all!! Maybe she should have taken the day off to celebrate and get her mindset ready for work because of her I don't know if we'll be back to this particular Courtyard.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
CourtyardCville, Director of Sales at Courtyard Memphis Collierville, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you for taking time to offer valuable feedback regarding your hotel stay. We apologize that you experienced less than perfect service during the check-in process.

Our General Manager spoke with the team members on duty during your stay, so that we could ensure that we are following proper check-in procedures. Please accept our apologies that the disbursed keys were mixed up within your group. We understand that returning to the front desk to switch keys is an inconvenience, and apologize that you had to do so.

Our system does obtain an automatic authorization on each credit card upon check in for the amount of the guests' stay. Our system held an authorization on your credit card, as your card was the guarantee method for more than one room. Once the authorization is not consumed as an actual charge, it is released by the credit card company. The authorization is usually released by the card company or bank within 48 hours. I do apologize that this was not properly explained to you.

Please know that we have spoken with the employees on staff during check in, and have used your experience as a training tool to coach our team. Without our guests' feedback, we cannot address issues or commend our team accordingly, so we are thankful to receive our guests' comments.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future. If I can assist you in any way, please contact me at your convenience.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I spent one night at the Courtyard and enjoyed it very much. It was spotlessly clean, with a comfortable bed, large work desk, and very nice (though smallish) and beautifully appointed room. I had requested in advance a quiet room, and they placed me at the far end of the corridor away from all the people traffic. The hotel is located adjacent to Carriage Crossings (formerly The Avenue) shopping mall so it was very convenient to restaurants, and the location also make it very quiet because it is away from busy streets. The mall is just off the new southern "expressway" which makes it convenient to get into Memphis quickly. The front desk clerk gave me a coupon book for, and I used one at the Bonefish Grill (also highly recommend). The hotel personnel were all very friendly and welcoming. I highly recommend this hotel and will stay there again when I visit the Memphis area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardCville, Director of Sales at Courtyard Memphis Collierville, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate the opportunity to serve you. Due to the design of our building, some rooms are larger than others. Please contact me the next time you are traveling to Collierville, and I will check availability of a larger room for your stay.

We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Happy travels,

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Our family spent three nights in early November as we were here for a wedding in Collierville. This hotel appears brand new and is located next to a new shopping mall with Dillards and Macys. The staff was very friendly and there was always complimentary coffee (both decaf and regular) available day and night. The rooms were nicely decorated and the beds were very comfortable. We had a view of the most beautiful orange, red and yellow trees from our window. We were given three rooms next to each other, which was very nice. The bathroom was roomy and shower was good. The one thing I would add or have available at the front desk would be a magnifying makeup mirror as that would have been helpful while putting on makeup for such a special occassion. Overall, this hotel was great and we would stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
CourtyardCville, Director of Sales at Courtyard Memphis Collierville, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The Carriage Crossing Mall is a lovely area, especially in the fall. With the beautiful scenery and convenience to shopping and dining, we truly are the perfect location for all your lodging and meeting needs.

Thank you for the suggestion of having a magnifying mirror available for our guests. That is a great idea, and I will bring this to our manager's attention.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future. Please contact me to make your future reservations.

Hospitably yours,

Cindy Kinard

Also consider these accommodations in or near Collierville
Hampton Inn Memphis Collierville
Homewood Suites Memphis - Hacks Cross
Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis Germantown
8 mi away
Courtyard Memphis Germantown

Been to Courtyard Memphis Collierville? Share your experiences!