“FOUND BED BUGS!”

Courtyard Memphis Collierville
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Collierville
“FOUND BED BUGS!”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband, myself, and our 2 children were packing up in the morning to go home and found 2 bed bugs along the mattress! It really freaked us out because not only had we just slept in that bed, but we thought we had scored by finding a GREAT hotel!! When we took it to the front desk, neither the manager nor the front desk clerk had any words for us. Nothing was said. The manager took it to his office and the clerk checked us out without even speaking or looking at us once. Really disappointed in how this situation was handled ....

• Stayed July 2012
CourtyardCville, Director of Sales at Courtyard Memphis Collierville, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I appreciate your comments and your patience, while I researched this matter.

Our team strives to provide impeccable service, and I apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations.

I talked to our Front Office Manager and desk agent that you spoke with upon departure. Please know that we take your report very seriously, and immediately reacted. We contacted a professional exterminator to inspect the room in which you occupied, as well as surrounding guest rooms on the same floor. Thankfully, we were assured that there were no bed bugs or other insects found in that room or nearby rooms.

If I can help you in any way, or if you wish to discuss further, I will gladly assist. Please do not hesitate to contact me regarding this matter, or if I can assist with a future reservation.

We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you as our guests again soon.

Hospitably yours,

Cindy Kinard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 30, 2012

When you travel on the road as much as I do, you like to go to a familiar hotel that feels like home. Courtyard by Marriott Memphis is just such a place. Yet the best part of this hotel is that it is on the same property as the outdoor mall named “The Avenue.” Because of this location there are several restaurants and shops to go to and you do not even have to drive anywhere once you get to the hotel. My client is located only 3 miles away and the hotel location at the mall makes this Courtyard by Marriott one of my favorites by far. I know that I will come back to this hotel over and over again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardCville, Director of Sales at Courtyard Memphis Collierville, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you very much for your positive review! We are pleased to have the opportunity to serve you as our guest, and hope that you will visit us again soon.

We are also happy to know that you enjoyed your shopping and dining experiences while staying with us. We have had two new stores open recently, with several more to come soon.

If I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me. The next time you are with us, please drop by the Sales Office, as we would enjoy the opportunity to meet you.

Safe travels,

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I used to stay in this hotel for a long time (minimum 5 weeks) every year. however, during my last stay the I had an incident (rash on both hands) and asked for a room change. They said they had none and I was forced to check out at 10.00 p.m. I gave my feedback, in website.The manager from this hotel called me and was very rude. I decided never to stay in this hotel.

I still travel to Memphis and now thanks to this hotel service, I found several other good hotels.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardCville, Director of Sales at Courtyard Memphis Collierville, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for your review. Please know that I did investigate this matter. I apologize that we had an incorrect phone number on your reservation. Due to this incorrect information, we were unable to contact you. However, once you contacted Marriott Customer Care, we were able to contact you at that time, allowing our manager to explain our situation at the time of your stay.

Please know that we were completely sold out the night that you stayed with us, and every room at the hotel was physically occupied. Therefore, we did not have another room in which to relocate you.

Again, we appreciate your feedback, and hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Germantown, Tennessee
Reviewed June 13, 2012

The 1-bed King suite is a great alternative to the nasty, run-down Germantown Residence Inn. Looking for suite for a long-term family stay. Courtyard's 1 bed suite is spacious and bathroom is separated from both the bedroom and living area where my preschool-age son slept. No free food offer and there's no b-fast available in the adjacent outdoor mall! Short drive for b-fast.

Room Tip: Don't pay for hotel breakfast! Not worth the money.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Courtyard Memphis Collierville, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
We know that your are busy, and thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are pleased to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay in spacious King Suite. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Courtyard as a brand typically does not include daily breakfast. However, we frequently offer specials and/or packages that include breakast in the rate. The next time you plan to travel to Collierville, please contact me, and I will gladly check our system for specials that include breakfast, and will personally make your next reservation.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,

Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I find it hard to believe that someone would give this place less than excellent. I was born and raised in Memphis and travel there quite often. I remember the days when Collierville was considered "The Country". It has become a nice suburb east of Memphis. Kudos to the owners for putting a hotel near the mall. This was my first time at this property and it certainly won't be my last. I prefer this location over the worn out hotels on Sycamore View any day of the week. Sure, it is an extra 5 minute drive from the other hotels, but it is well worth it. Clean, somewhat secluded, and a very nice staff. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as our location. It truly is an asset to be located at Carriage Crossing, as many of our guests enjoy strolling, shopping, dining, then relaxing at Courtyard; without ever having to get in their cars.

We are pleased to be your hotel of choice, and look forward to meeting you when you return. Please be sure to stop by the Sales office during your next visit. We would love to meet you.

Hospitably yours,

Brentwood
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Stayed one night with my daughter, her friend and mom. I was very impressed with this Courtyard. I loved the area and convenience to the nice shopping mall, The Avenue, just steps from the hotel. Everything was so fresh and inviting. From the minute I walked in the lobby and into our room. The colors are so pretty, and the room was extra nice with mini fridge and microwave! Loved having queen beds which you don't find everywhere. Bedding very clean and cozy with lots of extra feather pillows. I also love to have a very cold room, and this delivered (almost got it too cold for me, and that is hard to do!) Complimentary coffee downstairs, sofa, and nice TV too. I enjoyed watching the news and having coffee while the others slept! I did not have breakfast, but they do offer a "for charge" breakfast buffet. The area is great, and even though I only went to a couple of shops at the mall that is right beside the hotel (The Avenue Collierville), they had lots to offer as well as several restaurants. I would highly suggest you give this hotel a try; I don't think you'll be disappointed. And, maybe like me, you will look forward to returning even if you have to find an excuse to visit this area. Thanks, Courtyard...gald to see this updated, beautiful hotel in your lineup of hotels!!!

Room Tip: Loved having the two queen beds
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your trip. We appreciate your feedback, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will return as our guests, when in the Collierville area again.

Please be sure to contact me when returning, as I will gladly make a reservation for you, and assist in any way.

Safe travels,

Jonesboro, Arkansas
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed one night and it was very nice. It was quiet, clean, modern and comfortable. We enjoyed walking to the mall to eat and shop. We did not have a reservation and instead we walked in and asked for a king room. We were assisted in a quick fashion and with a smile. It was something I would do again in a flash!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
CourtyardCville, Director of Sales at Courtyard Memphis Collierville, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thank you for choosing us! It's a pleasure to have the opportunity to serve you, and greatly appreciate your taking time to review our hotel.

The next time you are in our area, I invite you to contact me to make your future reservation.

Happy travels,

Cindy Kinard
Also consider these accommodations in or near Collierville
Hampton Inn Memphis Collierville
Hyatt Place Germantown
Hyatt Place Germantown
#1 of 9 in Germantown
Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis Germantown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis Germantown
Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis-Shady Grove Road
Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis Germantown

Been to Courtyard Memphis Collierville? Share your experiences!