“Good!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Mama Mia's Pizzeria
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: We have the best pizza in Memphis! Clean, comfortable, good service, high quality ingredients. We have plenty of TV's to watch your favorite games and a really good beer list! You will not be disappointed.
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Sunday Night, Family of 5, with kids 7,9,11. Total with tip $70

I'm a pizza snob, I really want there to be outstanding pizza in Memphis, so I search.

This was not extraordinary pizza, but better than most of the name brands in town.

We started with Pesto laced bread sticks, not bad, and as advertised.

I had a Margarita Pizza and added Sausage, a nice coat of olive oil here and well cooked with not quite thin crust, but still crispy, no sog to it.

The little one got a kids pizza, where they bring out the ingredients she chose and let her toss it around the tray. This is a nice touch to keep a kid busy and include her in the meal. ++ for that.

Wife had a sausage and cheese roll up, I don't understand the need to take pizza and twist it into different formats to call it something else. Look if you use dough, sauces, cheese and then bake it, call it pizza. It was tasty, she liked it, OK.

Middle children had "wedgie" again, this is a renamed calzone, nothing wrong with it, but its stuffed dough with meat cheese and sauce. Kids picked, kids happy.

Salad: build your own, this was great, bunches of what you ask for and nothing that you don't, toss it yourself and be very happy. Shared it with Mama and #1

The staff was great, really paid attention, when the little one spilled cheese, brought out more without being asked. No pressure for sugary drinks with the kids.

This is conservative, sub-urban C'ville, and there was SEC Baseball on the TV, beer on tap but not being pushed or branded around the store, and really nothing wrong with anything here.

We have been to the location on Houston Levee too, this one is bigger and maybe quieter.

All around, I'd give it three stars because nothing made me go WOW, but you can easily do worse at most places in greater Memphis, so by comparison, 4 stars.

Reviewed January 20, 2012

We could not have had a better dining experience. Originally from the NY-Metro area, I never thought I would find "real NY style" pizza here in Collierville. But I was wrong!! Momma Mia's is fantastic! The pizza is wonderful, the portions are huge the ingredients are all fresh and full of flavor. We had pizza and the bread sticks, which are a meal by themselves. The service was great as well. We will definitely be visiting Mamma Mia's again.

Reviewed December 23, 2011

Great pizza, amazing lunch specials. Move from Houston Levy in Cordova and took over the Jonny Brusco's space.