“Usually excellent”

Hampton Inn Memphis Collierville
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Collierville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Most of my family members have stayed here a few times over the years. Usually it's really nice, however, this last time for me was unusual. The room we had had a odd odor that my wife said was from someone smoking. I felt that it was excessively humid in the room. One night was more than I cared for, so they moved us up to the 3rd floor. Much better. They also, gave my brother a room next to us. The staff was fantastic. Breakfasts are good, too.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
THICollierville, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis Collierville, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Mr. Chris S,
Thank you for your review and it is very helpful to me and the staff. I apologize for your first room not being like the second. We, here at the Hampton Inn Collierville, strive for excellence and perfection. Your first room was unacceptable and I apologize. I am glad to hear that the rest of your stay went better. Hopefully this stay will not deter you from staying with us the next time you stay in Collierville. I know we are the best hotel in Collierville and try to show our guest that we are the best.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was the first time I've stayed in this location and tried it using HHonors points. They have a very friendly staff -- we were greeted every time we passed through the lobby. Standard breakfast and USA Today available (Commercial Appeal on Sunday). I didn't read fully the accommodations description and was surprised that the 2 beds were doubles -- other Hampton Inns have queens. Since it was my son and me it was not a problem. They are dog friendly because I was awakened by a barking and howling dog our first morning there. I felt sorry for the dog because I think the owner just left the dog there all day. Also, if you sleep in (till 1 PM) as we did on our first day you probably won't get your room serviced -- we didn't.

Room Tip: Be sure you note the bed sizes if that is important to you -- didn't think that doubles were sti...
1  Thank Toothsc

Dear Tooth SC,
Thank you for your review and I am sorry that the beds were not the size you were expecting and that the dog woke you and your son. I also hate to hear that the train bothered you. Hopefully that did not impede on your stay any. As for the housekeeping not cleaning your room after 1pm, I am sorry that it was not serviced. The room attendents check to see if Do Not Disturbs are on door until noon at which point they no longer check. We would have been glad to service your room for you if we knew you wanted us to do so. On your next stay with us, please allow us to accommodate you by puting your room on the back side of the hotel where the train is not heard as much, and let us know you want your room serviced at a later time.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed 3 nights and were please with the room and the service. The staff is friendly and helpful. The room was clean and very comfortable. I did hear the train once, but it was not a problem...could barely hear it. We will be back.

Dear GranNan04,
Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback. We will gladly share your comments with our team, as well as our hotel owners.

It was a pleasure to serve you as our guest, and hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you in the future.

If I can assist you in any way, please contact me.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was pleased with my room. It was quiet and comfortable with a great bathroom and coffee machine for starting my morning. My only problem was internet access because I was at the end of a hallway and could not get a signal.

Dear Elaine C,
Thank you for your response and I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that the WIFI did not work for you and we have addressed that issue, so thank you for letting me know.

With Appreciation,

Reviewed July 19, 2013

this hotel is top of the line and staff was wonderful. We were in town for a baseball tournament and our overall experience was great. We had even talked to some of the other teams that stayed at another hotel (Days Inn) and they were told they would not guarantee they would have a room if they checked out.

Dear Jason C,
Wow! I am so glad to hear that you had a great stay. Thank you for your response and please let me know if we can do anything for you. The baseball teams were easy to please and made great guests. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Rose,the front counter clerk who assisted me at check in, was incomparable! She went out of her way to make sure that I had everything to make my stay the most enjoyable. Rose is the most outstanding example of customer service and courtesy that I have experienced in a long time. Her personal qualities should be mirrored and held up to others as an example of professional guest relations! Rose was the epitome of professionalism and hospitality. She is one of the main reason why I would stay at this particular Hampton Inn again.

Dear Mr. John M,
I am so glad to hear this excellent review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Rose is great with guest interactions because she really does care about the guest; something the Hilton family hotels wishes all employees to embrace. Please let us know if we can do anything for you.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed for two nights while I was in the area for a conference, and I was very, very pleased with my experience at the hotel. The staff were very friendly and professional, the room was recently remodeled and in excellent condition, and the hot breakfast went far beyond the "continental" breakfast many hotels serve. Overall, my stay was very pleasant, and I would gladly stay again!

Dear GBUNT,
Your review was very kind and I wish to thank you for letting us know and prospective guests know as well. Please let us know if you need anything and I am looking forward to sharing your review with the whole staff.
Hope to see you when you come this way again!

Tammy Piker, GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Collierville
Courtyard Memphis Collierville
Hyatt Place Germantown
Hyatt Place Germantown
#1 of 9 in Germantown
Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis-Shady Grove Road
Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis Germantown
Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis Germantown
Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis - Beale Street

Been to Hampton Inn Memphis Collierville? Share your experiences!