“There are better choices out there for the money!”

Hampton Inn Memphis Collierville
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Collierville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Not an overall bad hotel, but was overcharged for our stay and they have yet to correct the problem. The hotel has $225 of our money tied up after they have already received their cleared payment and the situation hasn't been resolved. They don't seem to be in a big hurry to take care of it and definitely do not stick up to their offer of 100% guarantee! Be careful if u do stay here, but know there are plenty of other options in the area to stay!

• Stayed: March 2013
THICollierville, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis Collierville, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear AMonique,

I'm extremely sorry for the frustation you have felt due to your billing issues. We had a lovely weekend with all of the soccer teams this weekend with the exception of this one issue. I have credited your entire stay. As you know from our conversation this morning, you were not charged for your weekend stay. Know you can always count on us to make sure you are 100% happy or you don't have to pay. I wish you and your family safe travels!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Memphis Collierville

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful Have stayed at this location a couple of times due to location of my business activities. Rooms are always clean and complimentary breakfast was very good. Little disappointed in the exercise facility. Not much but a treadmill, eliptical and bike. Equipment was disappointing.

Room Tip: Rooms on north side are probablly a little quieter, given there is a train track across from the fro...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
THICollierville, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis Collierville, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Mr. Dennis,

Thank you for always staying with us. I'm so pleased with our staff who have been providing the clean rooms, good breakfast, and the friendly service you mentioned. I can't wait to share your review with our team! I hope next time you come you would be able to take advantage of the state-of-the-art fitness center near our hotel. We provide free passes at our front desk for guest who want more of a workout than our gym provides. Collierville also has a Greenbelt trail, you might enjoy. Hope you have a wonderful day and safe travels!

Thanks,

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for 5 nights & it far exceeded my expectations especially in the areas of service & hospitality. My father was ill & staying at a hospital nearby so I was able to receive a discounted rate for medical reasons which was great since I had so many other expenses coming from 8 hours away. The front desk always greeted with a warm smile every time I walked in the lobby doors. They always remembered my name & they always asked how my father was doing. They prepared a care package of snacks & drinks for myself & my husband as well as my brother & sister-in-law because they knew we were at the hospital most of the day & thought we could use a little something extra due to the hard times we were faced with. They also left a card signed by the individual hotel staff with words of sympathy. The housekeeper even made a "comfort kitty" animal out of towels with a special note of sympathy one day while we were visiting at the hospital w/ our father. The hotel was close to everything! It was also extremely clean & decorated very nicely. The breakfast area was nice & the food was above average. Most importantly, the staff was so unbelievably friendly & hospitable which was actually what my family needed. My father passed away on the last day of our stay & the staff was extremely sympathetic. On behalf of myself & my family, we would like to thank the entire staff, especially the front desk & management, for our 5 star & above treatment. Anytime we visit Memphis in the future, we will definitely be staying here!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
THICollierville, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis Collierville, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Hi Christina,

We so enjoyed having you and your family as our guests. Thank you so much for the kind words. We read your review in our morning huddle and it made our day! We have also passed it on to our owner and management company. We hope to see you guys again and hopefully under better circumstances. We will not forget you!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was a very great hotel but not for the normal reasons one would list. The staff were extremely nice and knowledgeable of the area. They were very hospitable and constantly inquired about our satisfaction with the hotel. My father was in the hospital and they had knowledge of that so they hand prepared care packages for my room and my sister's room. Each one of the staff members also gave us handwritten sympathy cards...seriously who does that? They were super nice, extremely caring and willing to do ANYTHING for us during that hard time. In addition, we left and they located some of my wife's clothes that she had left behind and they mailed them to us at our cost. This customer service is simply the best..I felt the folks that work there are very close knit(like family) and they treated us like their family. I was stunned by their generosity and would highly highly recommend this hotel for an overnight stay or if you need somewhere close to the hospital. The best hotel experience ever!!
Thanks, Dr.Glasmeier

Room Tip: The customer service is so phenomenal the room choice is irrelevant.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Dr. Glasmeier,

You guys are part of our family now! We really enjoyed having you stay with us, because you did feel like our family. We miss you guys and think of you. We hope you all can come back on a more enjoyable trip soon. We really appreciate the nice review, thank you!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Like almost all Hilton Properties, this is a very good hotel. The room furnishings were excellent; it looked new, and the room was very clean. The staff was helpful, and it was one of the most extensive breakfast bars I've seen at almost any hotel. Everything was excellent here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sue,

Thank you so much for the very nice review about our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to make our day!! We hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Very quiet and all personnell were very friendly...no problems encountered.
Good location for our next day doctor's appointments. Nice area and very clean rooms.the breakfast was excellent and the courtsey check-out was great. we enjoyed our stay and will stay there again if the opportunity presents again in Collierville,Tn

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
THICollierville, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis Collierville, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Ernest M,

Thank you for taking the time to write the nice review about our hotel. This really means alot to us and I can't wait to share your comments with the rest of our team! I hope you have a wonderful day and can't wait to meet you on your next visit to Collierville.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is my third and last stay at this hotel. My main issues are:

1) Internet speed. It's been terrible on each one of my stays. I often end up using my 3G card because it is faster than the hotel provided service. 3G, not 4G. That's ridiculous. The folks at the front desk say that they should have an upgrade in place by January 2013.

2) "Gym". I put it in quotes because I'm not sure it can be called a gym. The estimated 150 sq ft room holds 1 treadmill, 1 elliptical machine and 1 bike and some weight balls. The elliptical machine does not work right. I've reported this in the past and it continues to have issue (specifically, level 2 resistance is like level 20 on any other elliptical machine I've used. That's like saying your options for weight lifting are 10 lbs or 200 lbs and nothing in between). And there's a large fan right in the middle of this tiny space blowing right overhead.

3) Temperature control in the room. They have the old style controls that are built right in to the heating/cooling unit that sits under the window. You can't specify a temperature. Your main options are High/Low Heat or High/Low Cool. So I end up being too cold or too hot pretty much the entire time. It's hard to get and maintain a comfortable temperature.

I've used this Hampton Inn because of its location (work is 2 to 3 minutes away) but next time I'll stay at one of the other Hilton brand hotels in the area even if it is further away.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
THICollierville, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis Collierville, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Dear TKVA,

I really appreciate you giving us three chances, however, I'm very disappointed we did not meet the mark, that is definately not our norm. I'm not saying we are perfect but we never want a guest to leave unhappy. We have guests that we consider "family" because they have been staying with us for years. We love it when that happens and it is due to us meeting their every need. I wish you would give us one more opportunity to show you we can do that for you and you can become our "family" too. Let me address the issues you mentioned:

1. Internet Speed: this has taken longer than we had expected due to our well known provider having to update their systems in our town. However, I have been promised that we will go live on the new system Jan 16th. Once implimented we should have the fastest services of any hotel in our area and it's free.

2. Gym: The equipment was recently serviced by an outside vendor and no major issues were detected. However, since this report, we have asked them to return and address this specific issue. Thank you for the details you gave so they can fix this problem . I also want to make sure you know about a couple of other fitness options. We have a partnership with a state-of-the-art fitness center about a mile from the hotel. You can go there complimentary with a pass from our front desk. It is a very well known chain and I know you would be very impressed with their facilities. We also have great places to run outside in Collierville and we are close to the Greenbelt.

3. Temperature control in the room. We have rooms with thermostat control on the wall. I will make sure we find a room that you would be confortable in and I will personally take care of your reservations to ensure you get that same room each time.

I would love another opportunity to WOW you...I know we could get it right. I hate for you to have to drive extra and have less time for yourself after working hard. Please give me a call to discuss this futher.

Tammy Piker, GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Collierville
Courtyard Memphis Collierville
Hyatt Place Germantown
Hyatt Place Germantown
#1 of 9 in Germantown
Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis-Shady Grove Road
Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis - Beale Street
Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis Germantown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis Germantown

Been to Hampton Inn Memphis Collierville? Share your experiences!