“Great fun”
Review of J F Polo Academy

J F Polo Academy
More attraction details
Owner description: The polo academy is offering outstanding tuition for all levels of rider and player, including absolute beginners with no riding experience wanting a 'taste' of one of the most glamorous, fast-paced and skillful sports in the world.
“Great fun”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I've had great fun learning to play polo at jf polo academy. James makes you feel relaxed and welcome and he is a brilliant teacher. Being a student in Liverpool it's great to get out of the city and ride some great quality horses in lovely Cheshire countryside. All James' horses are well schooled
and responsive, perfect for both learning to hit the ball and playing fast paced chukkas. I'd highly recommend jf polo academy to anyone looking for polo in the area, whether you're just after a fun day out, or you're keen to get into or continue with the sport.

Basel, Switzerland
“Want to learn or improve your polo?”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

JF Polo Academy offers fantastic polo instruction no matter the level. James is a great instructor and manages to make all lessons fun. The yard and facilities are spotless and the ponies are excellent. In addition, James and Jen are extremely friendly, fun and extremely welcoming.

I have had a number of lessons over the summer and the improvement is noticeable! I recommend JF Polo Academy for anyone who wants to try an experience day or serious about progressing in polo.

Visited September 2013
“Great fun, even for a beginner.”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

After we met our horses for the day my girlfriend and I were impressed with how easy it was to control them; useful, as this was the second time I'd ever sat on a horse. We had some riding instruction, followed by a mallet lesson on a wooden horse. Then we had plenty of time to practice combining riding and hitting the ball. Thankfully my horse knew more about the game than me and seemed to direct me towards the next ball! Great fun and we plan on returning soon.

Visited August 2013
Cheshire
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The Best Fun Ever!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have been riding for many years but had always wanted to play polo. I am so pleased that I found J F Polo Academy. I booked a lesson and was instantly made to feel welcome. James is a brilliant instructor, knowledgeable, fun and very patient! I have since had a few more lessons and become slightly addicted! On Sunday I played in an instructional tournament, which was fantastic fun and felt like I was playing in a professional tournament. We played the first couple of chukkas then had some additional instruction on the rules, using a polo board, to learn more about lines and fouls etc. We then finished the 2 final chukkas resulting in a draw with everyone cheering each other on. We finished off the day with a great BBQ. My husband came to watch and ended up getting involved in the BBQ. Even though he's not a rider or even a horse fan, he thoroughly enjoyed the day and was made to feel part of the whole experience.
James and Jen have a great setup. The yard and factilities are very professional and the horses are top quality. Their attitude, hospitality and fun made the day. I would definitely encourage anyone to have a go at polo and definitely at J F Polo Academy.

1 Thank Chris D
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fabulous and fun!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I spent the day at JF Polo Academy today. The day was just brilliant! We met our horses, saw them tacked up with each piece of tack explained to us. Then we had a ride around the polo field to get used to our mounts, with James giving excellent and clear instructiosn. We had further mallet instruction on the wooden horse; hitting that ball isn't easy. We had a lovely lunch and then more riding in the afternoon, ending in a chukka. I can't recommend this experience enough! It was amazing! I've ridden for a number of years from hunting to dressage, but this was just the best :) James is a very lovely chap and I feel I've lived the 'polo' dream for a day :)

Visited August 2013