“Really bad”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I went for a meal with my parents and girlfriend. It looks like a good local pub when you walk in. The bar lady owner I think,threw the change at me. The only food menu was wrote on the wall next to the bar so We could not read it with the local people enjoying there night. So I ordered the fish and chips, some girl chucked some sauce at the table We were sat on about 30 min latter. About 10min after another girl chucked the plate down with my food on it half fell off but the just walked off. It tasted like nothing. After my pint of thatchers was flat, when I told the bar lady she said it was fine and just drink it. The place was shocking and I'm not surprised the restaurant was empty.

5  Thank philj19852

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Returning from a trip to Bala, my wife and I were discussing our lunch venue. I remembered the Druid from years ago, with the hand written menu on the wall showing some amazing dishes, so we decided to give it a visit. How glad we were!. From the moment we entered we couldn't have had even the tiniest complaint over the welcome, service. drinks, and even more important, the food. My wife, being on a bit of a health kick at the moment, chose the smoked salmon and prawn salad, whilst I plumped for the Asian style pork over a bed of noodles. What choices!! The salad was huge, containing the usual lettuce, tomato, cucumber and red onion, together with coleslaw and sliced apple with segments of orange as well. The portions of both the salmon and the prawns were generous to say the least. My pork, sliced and nestling on the noodles, was beautifully spiced and as tender as you could wish. The service was friendly and the prices were fair and reasonable for the standard of the food. Overall a really good experience and one we will no doubt be returning for.

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Called in as had passed many times - huge menu on the wall with loads of dishes we only wanted a snack which we had. Looked good on the wall but no so good on the plate ! Beer was good and the wine no music in bar! I am sure big meals be better but not a lot for what we paid

Reviewed August 3, 2013

lovely friendly pub, its my local and the atmosphere is great, fabulous food menu, Jim, Julie, Ellena and all the staff are very welcoming

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Being local and having lived in the village, it had been a while since dining here. Tempted by a good menu, in what seems like a cosy friendly pub, we ordered a couple of mains. Disappointed by one of the meals (very small fish for the money) and by the service (besides a polite young waitress). I felt awkward even for condiments, and before finishing my food, to be frank, couldn't wait to leave. I can't help agreeing that this place is supported by the tourist trade.