“Manager needs interpersonal skills improvement”
Review of Shoney's

Shoney's
Ranked #36 of 49 Restaurants in Clinton
Cuisines: American
Clinton, TN
“Manager needs interpersonal skills improvement”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

My family of 20 went to Shoney's in Clinton I-75 Exit 122 on Sunday afternoon, July 17, from 5:00 pm until 7:00 pm for a birthday celebration. The facility was convenient, the food was good, the services from the waitresses were excellent. It was a great time. When I went to pay my bill, I noticed that I had been charged for a salad bar instead of the Buffet, so I owed about $3.00 more on the check. The cashier said she would have to get the manager to override. The manager came and did the override and indicated that the new amount was on the check. It was not. The manager in a very angry voice yelled at the cashier that the amount was on the cash register and angrily pointed at the display. The cashier was embarrassed of course. I told the manager that she just told us both that the revised amount was on the check. She gave me one of those glances that says, "shut up stupid, I am in charge." At this point, I spoke sharply to the manager that sometimes managers make mistakes too. To which she just tossed her head aside and ignored me. This manager was having a bad day, I guess, but the cashier caught the brunt of her anger unnecessarily. The cashier needs an apology for the manager's actions. The cashier apologized to me, but I did not need an apology. Shoney's needs to provide this manager some interpersonal skill improvement training. Acting poorly in front of employees is totally unacceptable behavior and may never be known by Shoney's district management, but act that way in front of customers might just get a public written review for everyone to see.

• Visited July 2011
4 Thank LyandLy

South Carolina
“HORRIBLE service, horrible buffett”
Reviewed September 17, 2009

When we walked in the hostess was looking through some paper work. She looked up at us briefly then continued with her paperwork. She did not otherwise acknowledge our presence. So I asked "Do we seat ourselves, or will you be seating us?". No response verbally, except to pick up two menus and begin walking toward the booths. We followed her and my traveling partner asked her if we could have a table (with hip problems he is unable to sit and stand from a booth).
She seemed upset that we asked her this but did take us to a table.
The waitress came over and took our drink order and we told her we would be having the buffett.
Never saw the waitress again. She did not return to ask how the meal was, nor did she refill our drink glasses....she also did not bring us a bill although we waiting about 10 minutes after finishing our meal for her to bring the ticket (she was no where in site).
When we went to pay I explained that I had no bill and told this same hostess/cashier that we had not seen our waitress. She once again did not say a word, but turned around and walked behind a partition where the waitresses were all standing. She got our ticket and told us the price. Never asked how the food was. Did not say Thank You or say ANYTHING for that matter-just handed us our change.
Seems like all the employees in the place were unhappy to be there ...the hostess/cashier was rude and the waitress was never anywhere in site.
Never again.