“Definitely a budget motel, but not all bad.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Clinton

Super 8 Clinton
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Clinton
Ogden, Utah
“Definitely a budget motel, but not all bad.”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 18 days (for business) since they have a good extended-stay rate.

The manager and cleaning staff were friendly and reliable, and traveling to Knoxville is easy. There are also lots of restaurants, shops, and a Walmart nearby.

My bathroom was clean and seemed to have been renovated recently.

The carpets are worn, and grimy. Even though my room was non-smoking, it still smelled like smoke constantly. The air conditioner/heater also blew stinky air. Even the lobby also smelled funny.

My bed and pillows were a little worn, but at least they were clean.

This is also a pet-friendly motel so if that concerns you, you may want to stay somewhere else.

I'm not really bothered by traffic noise, but the motel is located near a busy avenue and the freeway, so light sleepers beware.

My co-worker was first assigned to room 108. This room was in pretty bad condition, stank, and had a plywood floor. The manager had no problem moving him to another room when asked.

Overall, it seemed that the rooms on the second floor were in better condition than the rooms on the first floor.

I was always off to work too early to try the free breakfast, so I can't comment on that.

If you have to stay for a while in Clinton, this motel is definitely the most economical choice, but if you are only staying the night or a few days, pay the extra money and stay at the Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express across the street.

Room Tip: Avoid room 108. 2nd floor rooms seem to be less run-down.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
PORT SAINT LUCIE
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The Staff was very nice, rooms were clean. We had booked 2 rooms for 2 nights. The first night we stayed, the heat/air did not work. We were moved to another room. We had to take the chairs from the first room because the second room did not have chairs. The beds though clean were a little worn so my husband did not sleep well as he has a bad back. I feel like maybe we should have been compensated (maybe a free nights stay?) due to the heat problem but I did not feel like making a fuss. For the money, I suppose our stay was just fine. In the future I think I may spring for the extra $20 and go across the street to the other chains for a little more comfort.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Hampton Inn Knoxville/Clinton I-75
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clinton I-75
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 6 in Clinton
Red Roof Inn & Suites Clinton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville Clinton
Comfort Inn Knoxville

Been to Super 8 Clinton? Share your experiences!