“Nothing out of the ordinary except the price”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clinton I-75
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Clinton
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Nothing out of the ordinary except the price”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

If you are in the Knoxville area looking to stay near the lake or at a Country Inn (I was doing both), this place was a very good value. The prices in Knoxville itself are higher and all of these are basically the same. This one is also about 10 minutes from the lake. Can't go wrong either way

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank llstom
Joe V, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clinton I-75, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
llstom,
Thank you for giving our team something great to strive for...We want our guests to be treated to exceptional service at a good price in a warm, comfortable atmosphere. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to East Tennessee.
Warm Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

It is very puzzling to me why this hotel has received so many low ratings. We had a very pleasant stay! The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. There were several varieties of fresh baked cookies in the reception area. The hotel room was exceptionally clean and the bathroom had an oversized vanity. We had a very peaceful night of sleep and the breakfast was more than adequate. I'm glad the other reviews on here didn't keep me away because I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed June 2014
Joe V, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clinton I-75, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Phillitravels,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay at the Country Inn & Suites in Clinton, TN. As the new manager of this gem, it means so much to have someone recognize the positive strides our team is making to provide a clean, comfortable place stay in a warm atmosphere. We hope the next time your travels bring you to East Tennessee, you will come and see us again.
New Haven, Indiana
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed here because they offered a door to the bedroom. This is extremely helpful when traveling with small children. However when I checked in they said the hot tub wasn't working---and probably never will be up again. Not a big deal. The heated pool however was very cold-too cold for my 3 and 1 yr olds but of course the 5 yr old didn't care. The hallways were definitely aged looking but the room was clean and we didn't have any problems. I was told that it is under new management and that it isn't the same as it used to be by several employees and you could definitely tell.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Joe V, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clinton I-75, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Laura K,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience at the Country Inn & Suites Clinton / I-75. Our organization recently took over the day to day operations of the property. We know that in the future we will be able to deliver the service and experience our guests have come to expect. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to East Tennessee.
Rochester, Michigan
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Stopped on the way to Florida again this year. No fresh coffee in the lobby and the room was dirty including severe mold growing in the bathroom. I will not stay at this property again, especially since the room was over $100 this time. Breakfast was hot and fresh, though definitely not the best I've had a country inn. I may remove my business from the chain all together.

If you are looking for a clean, descent hotel DO NOT stay here.

1 Thank J N
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clinton I-75, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear J N,

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn and Suites standards.
Plymouth, Michigan
Reviewed May 14, 2014

the only problem we had was that when i booked it, i was told each room had a pull out couch. This was not the case., We are a family of 6 and had to sleep 3 to a bed. Other than that, the place served its purpose as a bed for a few hours until we continued on our journey to florida

Matt T.,
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Country Inn & Suites Clinton / I-75. We hope the next time your travels bring you to our area you will stay with us again. We will save a suite with a pull out sofa waiting for you.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I called twice to confirm my reservation and they still screwed it up. I was 1 hour away from the hotel and wanted to speak to the manager. The front-desk put me on hold for 20 minutes before hanging up. When I called back the idiot at the front-desk said he was not there and wasn't sure when he was coming back. When I did arrive the manager was still not there. Toilet had a funky noise coming from it and the sofabed had stains on it. Overall dirty hotel and will never stay there again.

Stayed April 2014
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clinton I-75, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Leaza1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We do apologize for any hold time you experience, for the condition of your room, and for not being able to reach the manager by phone. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Reviewed April 12, 2014

No matter how much you save price wise, it's not worth the frustration. You'll be lucky if the light bulbs in your room work and your toilet flushes. The pool is cold and very tiny. We booked online, and when we got there, they didn't have room for us, and had to stuff 6 people in a room made for 4. The staff does not act like they care. I've stayed at these before, and they were ok, but this location is terrible.

• Stayed April 2014
CarlsonRezidor, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clinton I-75, responded to this review, April 17, 2014

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Hampton Inn Knoxville/Clinton I-75
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville Clinton
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 6 in Clinton
Red Roof Inn & Suites Clinton
Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Caryville

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clinton I-75? Share your experiences!