“Starting to be worn and dirty”

Baymont Inn & Suites Clinton
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Clinton
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We've stayed here other years as well, so when we stayed in Feb 2013, we were surprised to see a decline in cleanliness. Let me start with what they do well. Huge rooms, quiet, wonderful breakfast, staff is very accommodating and friendly. We were put on the top floor (had asked for quiet room at top). The living area was enormous and the king bed comfortable. The breakfast is one of the best I've seen at this level of hotel. They had hot waffle maker (kind of thin batter though, didn't work well), hot cereal, scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes cereal, berries for on waffles or oatmeal, and an omelette station that they make for you. I probably would have had the woman make me an omelette if she weren't hacking and coughing so badly. There were almost no cars in the parking lot, so I don't think they are getting the business they use to, but it was a Sunday evening.

Cons: 1The pillows were an issue. They only have down pillows and since I have allergies, we were unable to get anything else. The woman at the front desk did give me extra pillow cases upon request, so we triple wrapped them. I was still stuffed up by morning, but better than not wrapping them. No evidence at all of bedbugs at all, very clean linens. 2. Unclean bathrooms. There was mold around the bottom edge under the rim of the sink. the floor in the bathroom was not very clean, especially the edges. I think we were in room 316. 3. There were tip jars everywhere, in the room an envelope to tip the maid, at the front desk and near the omelette station. Aren't these people already paid to work there? Am I on a cruise ship and need to tip everyone I speak to? 4. Walls are starting to need some touch up paint. Lots of bangs and rub marks and generally starting to look worn.

Would we stay here again? Maybe. It was clean enough, but not great like I remember it in the past. Here's the tip for the housekeeping, clean around the edges!

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows if you are allergic to down. I guess if we had let them know ahead of time...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Clinton

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Jeffrey the manager & his staff always go out of their way to make us feel like family.This was our second trip to Tennessee to visit extended family. We have chosen to keep coming back to this hotel because it is family friendly.We have 2 adhd 7 year old twins.Plus there is an indoor pool.My Hubby has cerebral palsy we stayed in a handicap room last summer but was not enough room for a 2 week stay with small kids.We loved the suite we stayed in this time but only wish that the owner would make some of the suites Handicap accessible for bathing.Also the bathroom door opens less than 2 inches into the toilet also would have loved if the shower head was on a hose to make bathing easier .Hubby couldn't use tub..Only other complaint was window had frost on it & couldn't keep bedroom area warm.
We love this hotel & it's staff & will continue to use.this location.ALSO NEED TO MAKE THE POOL & SPA HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE.
It is 10 mins from our family which makes it great !

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Very clean hotel. staff goes out of their way to help you and most importantly they care. great free breakfast and cookies. Building is older but they did a great job fixing it up inside and out. Question to Trip Advisor. Why do I have to say more when I have said all I need to say.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the hotel for a football tournament. The hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly. The breakfast was good and my kids loved the cookies that were always available. The hotel was full during our stay and did run out of towels, however, the staff worked quickly to wash all towels. The only surprise we had was upon checking into our room there was no mini fridge. It has been a long time since we have stayed in a room without a mini fridge, it is normally included in the price of a basic room. Several others that stayed booked a suite and had the mini kitchen. Other than that the stay was great.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I spent one night in the hotel on our way to Kentucky. I made the reservation through Priceline. When we arrived, there was no record of our reservation. Luckily, there were plenty of rooms available and the front desk clerk honored the room we had reserved. The next morning at check-out, I presented the desk clerk with my printed Priceline confirmation, but there was still no word from Priceline. The hotel honored the price quoted by Priceline and they went out of their way to make sure that we were not inconvenienced. Great customer service from Country Inn & Suites...not so much for Priceline!!!

Room Tip: If booking through Priceline...call the hotel ahead of time to make sure your reservation exists...e...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Motel is immediately off I-75 with easy access. I stayed two nights and found the rooms to be reasonably clean, comfortable, and maintained. Breakfast is included with a variety of food options extended for the guests. Inn Keepers were very pleasant and accommodating.

Ask for suites. The ability to close off the bedroom from the sitting area is well worth the small additional cost. I stayed on the 3rd floor so there was no overhead noises and the ability to close the bedroom door kept hall noises out.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Raymond H
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Our stay was last minute with a late check in. No problem. The room was spacious and clean. The next morning our family of five enjoyed a fantastic and filling breakfast. The omelette lady made awesome omeletts. I love Country Inn & Suites as rule, but Clinton, TN goes the extra mile. Check them out the next time you are in town.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank ejohn8866
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Quality Inn
Comfort Inn Powell - Knoxville North
Super 8 Clinton
Super 8 Clinton
#6 of 6 in Clinton

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Clinton? Share your experiences!