Baymont Inn & Suites Clinton
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Clinton
Reviewed July 9, 2012

When we checked in I thought I had found the perfect hotel but alas it was not to be. Too bad.
The room was great with one very notable exception. The walls are so thin it literally sounds like your neighbor is right in your room and that is no exageration. I have heard neighbors before but not like this. The people who had this place built should have to stay in their own motels to see what the patrons have to put up with.
My neighbor during this stay had two very noisy children but they were quiet during the sleeping hours fortunately.
The breakfast area was way too small for a hotel of this size with seven tables and no spare room to move around comfortably.
If you can put up with those two complaints this would be a great place to stay. The room was large and comfortable with great amenities and even better air conditioning. It was built in, not one of those window units that stay on all the time. Comfortable beds, flat screen TV and two of those to boot. Small pool and exercise room, Omelet bar and continental fare in the tiny dining area.
Overall a great hotel with a few notable exceptions. If you can overlook them you will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank calloused_traveler

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed here one night while on a road trip. Very clean property. Comfortable beds, nice breakfast. Recommended.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cindysga
Reviewed April 17, 2012

we stayed here for 8 days during spring break with a rowing team. The staff was ABSOLUTELY GREAT. I think some of the nicest people I have dealt with. This is a little older facility which has had a face lift in recent years I think.
Breakfast was good every day, but toaster doesn't work and timer on the waffle maker doesn't work BUT there was a lady who made omlets for you almost every day if you wanted them.
We had fresh baked cookies almost every night.
One thing annoying was the toilets in some of the rooms were not bolted down to the floor (they rocked) and the water in the sink and shower could be VERY HOT. We had stayed previous years at the Holiday Inn Express at the same exit and comparing the two, I am not sure that you can justify the higher price of the HIX.
WiFi was OK, but I got a stronger signal from the super8 next door. I hooked a wire into the hardwired wall outlet and had no problems after that.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: 202, 302 are near elevator
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hugh C
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We were returning home after the Christmas holiday and randomly selected this hotel from the list. We do like the Country Inn & Suites so we were happy to see one at that exit. Great pick. Highly recommended. The only thing that bugged me about this location was that the breakfast area attendant, although absent, had a tip jar on the counter. Quite tacky. I would choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank cindysga
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Did a stop over Nov 13 for one night with 5 persons. Booked a Queen suite which you will have a hard time finding on the intranet. Queen suite was amazing. Two queen beds, pull out couch but the details is what made a difference. The bed was incredibly comfortable with down like pillows. Extra pillow and blankets, 2 of each! But the best was the door between the bedroom and where the couch was. Heaven. It even had its own TV, perfect for my older son. Staff were friendly though the day lady was not well informed about the points program and the manager was not in yet. Small point. We didnt have time to use the indoor pool or exercise room but it looked nice. The breakfast came with mixed reviews. The kids and my spouse loved it. I found the potatoes too oily and the sausages were overcooked and was not replenished quickly enough. The waffles are always a great hit. The area is small but its a small hotel which is nice. Perfectly situated off the interstate. I would definately use it again. Oh and the cookies! Yup definetely coming back.

Room Tip: Queen suite - 2 queen plus sleeper sofa is available but not well advertised
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank senubenu
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We stayed here to redeem some Carlson hotel points. On entering, we were warmly greeted, by Jessica, and checked in promptly and efficiently. Mr. Patel should be proud to have such a good employee.

We took the elevator up to our room on the 3rd floor, and to our room. On entering, were a bit taken aback by the cloying "de-odorizer" scent in the room. We opened a window, and tried to let some of it out, and even let it open while we drove out to get some dinner. It didn't help. It was SO bad, that we both experienced pretty bad sinusl blockage problems from it, and as a result did not sleep too well.A bit disappointing!

We got up and went down to breakfast, which was about the best breakfast we had ever seen at a motel. Freshly made eggs, little cubes of ham, and homefries were available, and my wife said they were very good, despite being a bit cold. She also enjoyed the oatmeal and fixings. I had a bagel, and the last of the peanut butter. Coffee was mediocre at best, but I drank it anyway. There was plenty to choose from for all kinds of folks, and everyone seemed to get something they liked.

We went back to our room, to check e-mails, and try to get our day started, but the wi-fi was, at best pretty iffy. We worked with it for a while, then finally gave up. If I had some business things to do online, I would have been really upset. As it was , it was merely an inconvenience, but one which in this day and age, is not acceptable.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Klaproth
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I was most pleasantly surprised by the Inn! First, my room was outstanding -- it was a King mini-suite, and it was fabulous -- very roomy, well-appointed and clean.

The other major plus was the morning breakfast which was fresh, well-prepared and well-presented. The eggs were REAL, not those powdered things!

The surroundings are quiet, you are within reach of several chain restaurants, should you be so inclined. I recommend this property without reservation.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Quality Inn
#6 of 6 in Clinton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville Clinton
Red Roof Inn & Suites Clinton
Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Clinton? Share your experiences!