“Not the best Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Knoxville/Clinton I-75
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Clinton
Columbus, Indiana
“Not the best Hampton Inn”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stopped at this Hampton Inn whil traveling through Tennessee on the way to South Carolina. We arrived around midnight. We have stayed at many Hampton Inns and are usually pleased. This was not one of those times.
Check in was fine. We asked the desk clerk for the best rate and received a decent rate.
The rom was clean and the bed was fine.
The issue came at 7:00 in the morning when we were awakes by loud talking. We thought people in the hall were just being noisy. As it turned out, we could hear the people in the next room through the adjoining doorway. I have never heard such a paper-thin situation.
The breakfast was ok but not fully stocked.
I expect more from Hampton Inn.
I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Amos C
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville/Clinton I-75, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your receipt review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand from your review that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the disruptive noises coming from some of the rooms adjacent to yours and if this inconvenienced you in any way. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options of soundproofing our property.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Indiana
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stopped on way home and asked for senior rate. It was very reasonable and you could tell everything was brand new. Check in was slow, as there was only one person at the desk on a very busy Saturday night. I felt sorry for the young man trying to handle all the people waiting to check in and a busy phone on top of that. Seems like too much cost cutting on service to customers. Room was nice and the beds are very firm if you like that. Bathroom is very nice and large. Breakfast was good, but there again, not enough help to keep things filled up and they ran out of items. Stay on the inside rooms as the road noise is very loud with semi trucks. Upper floor above us, you could hear every step people took. That bothered us the most. There was not enough noise barrier in the hotel. I probably would stay elsewhere just because of the noise situation.

Room Tip: Stay on top 4th floor no noise abve you that way.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville/Clinton I-75, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
 Please accept our apologies for the noise you experienced while staying here with us. We are in the process of evaluating opportunities for improvement and appreciate your input!
We hope you will be able to allow us a second chance to exceed your expectations, and warmly welcome you back as soon as your travel plans permit. Thank you for your review.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Our little ones had had enough driving for the day so we started looking for a place to stay. New building, same great Hampton Inn experience. Left before breakfast in the morning. Had a military discount (10%) which we appreciate.
Wish the pack & play had a sheet but otherwise very satisfied.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank skinnypenguin
First of all we at the Hampton Inn Clinton would like to thank you for your service to our country.
We are pleased to offer our military personnel the military discount. We always enjoy hearing from our guests! Thank you for posting such a pleasant review.
Tennessee
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Everything was nice about the new Hampton Inn, except the king size beds. The bed was to fin or me, so I asked my husband and his response was "It's a bed, that's all you can say about it"
The breakfast was good, staff friendly and the place was clean. I doubt if I would stay there again, just because of the uncomfortable beds.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville/Clinton I-75, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for if you found our beds to be uncomfortable.

Our main goal is for all our guests to have and exceptional stay with us and I am truly sorry that this was not the case during your stay.

I thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to Florida. This place was so perfect, they got me hooked on Hampton Inns for the whole trip! I even joined the rewards club! We stayed at four other Hamptons during our trip.
Breakfast was huge! The place was as neat as a pin and the staff was superb!

• Stayed December 2012
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville/Clinton I-75, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
We are glad to hear how “Exceptional!” our hotel the Hampton Inn Clinton was for you. As a Hilton HHonors™ member, you can enjoy special treatment at all our hotels and resorts. And with HHonors, you can achieve elite status faster than with any other guest loyalty program. The more you stay with us, the better it gets. We are so glad you joined and look forward to your next stay.
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel while visiting family in Knoxville. The location was very convenient, right off the interstate, and an easy drive from Knoxville.

Upon arrival we found ample, safe, well-lit parking. The lobby was really nicely decorated and exactly as shown on the hotel website. Check-in was a breeze and I was greeted as an Honors member.

We reserved a double queen room which was also very nicely decorated. The room was clean and spacious. The TV worked properly and there was a fridge in the room which is great when traveling with kids. The beds were very comfy. However, our room faced Hillvale Rd and the noise from cars with loud mufflers was pretty bad. It actually woke 6 yr old, heavy sleeper twice. Thankfully, after midnight the noise subsided with reduced traffic. This is my only complaint about this property. You should request a room on the west side of the hallway to avoid the noise.

The free hot breakfast was awesome! It was one of the best I've ever had at a hotel. They served eggs, potatoes, smoked sausage, as well as all of the typical cold breakfast items. I noticed that the kitchen staff was very attentive and quick to replace items that were low or out.

Fantastic hotel!

• Stayed November 2012
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville/Clinton I-75, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
We are always glad to hear from our guests and are pleased our hotel the Hampton Inn Clinton met all your needs. We look forward to hosting you again in the future. Thank you for your great review.
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We were travelling south on I-75 in early November and using Dave Hunter's "Along I-75" guide. When we pulled off at this exit, we were pleasantly surprised to find a brand new Hampton Inn. At check in, we asked when the hotel opened and were told 10 weeks ago. Needless to say everything was brand new. The beds were comfortable and the room was very clean. The breakfast room was great, as was the breakfast, and as at other Hampton Inns you could also get a take-out breakfast bag to go if you preferred. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We really enjoyed our stay here!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank nickelcitygirl
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville/Clinton I-75, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
It is nice to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Hampton Inn Clinton. Thank you for such a nice review and we hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville Clinton
Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 6 in Clinton
Baymont Inn & Suites Clinton
Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park
Red Roof Inn & Suites Clinton

Been to Hampton Inn Knoxville/Clinton I-75? Share your experiences!