“Best in town”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Clinton
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Clinton
Reviewed May 2, 2014

My company has a direct bill account with Red Roof Inn. So I have stayed at a lot of them. This one is by far the best one ever. The staff is helpful and courteous. The facilities are nice as well.i drive a truck and there is room for me to park. I would not want to stay anywhere else. Home away from home.

• Stayed: May 2014
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

We are happy to read we have become your home away from home here at the Red Roof Inn & Suites Clinton. Thank you for such a nice review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Friendly staff, clean rooms, and good breakfast! Also, during my stay I learned their under new management and making big changes! I'm very excited to see the outcome. Not to mention a great price and location. I will most definitely be staying here again soon!

• Stayed: April 2014

We are glad you saw all the great changes we are putting into place here at the Red Roof Inn & Suites Clinton. Thank you for such a good review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I only have positive things to say about Red Roof in Clinton. The rooms were nice and clean and the staff is very nice. The beds were comfortable and clean and there is a variety of good things to eat on the continental breakfast bar except some sort of meat. I was fortunate enough to meet the new owner that recently took over the business. He seems very nice and even even let us get breakfast early so we could get on the road. I think he has big plans for new renovations of the Clinton franchise.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

We are glad you have only positive things to say about our hotel the Red Roof Inn & Suites Clinton.Thank you for such a nice review. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

We too stop at this hotel going to Florida and back to Canada , every 3-4 months . This hotel which was once a Holliday Inn Express was indeed tired in a lot of ways . Although "Most" the staff was always 100 % which is even better since changing out a couple (such as the man on the desk you likely encountered, " Mr Personallity " we called him ! We always stop to get the hotel travel cupon book at a gas bar for the $49 voucher . We like that it is "pet friendly" for our cat , which we are sure to clean up after ourselves when leaving . But now that there is a NEW MANAGEMENT effective Jan we seen a lot of change towards improovements / repairs just in short time from when we went back down to Florida again in March . As long as the new owner / management continue , this hotel will be back the class expected by all of us . Its the small things that make a big change for us when staying in a hotel .

We simply expect a nice clean room with Freash clean linen, good heating / AC , hot water , ample towels & bath acessories , updated and working appliances surrounding us such as TV, Microwave , Coffie Maker, Clock Radio ,Hair Dryer ,Phone along with WiFi . If one of these expectations are off by not working or missing it can certainly through off our expected relaxed stay . The complementory breakfast is always a welcome extra but we are all beginning to expect at this at a quality hotel . Which I certainly see this one becoming again .

I have witnessed what some of these reviews have claimed , but I have also recently seen the changes now taking place

I will let you know again of improovements as I am going back down April 20 for 2 weeks

Room Tip: We have always stayed on the south side , bottom floor non smoking rm 121 or 122
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you for seeing all the great improvements we are implanting and for the kind words concerning our staff. We will be sure to let them know. Your business and your review are greatly appreciated and we look forward to your next visit. Thank You !

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Friendliness of Check In Staff- Very Satisfied

Cleanliness of Room- Very Satisfied

Did Everything Work Properly-Very Satisfied

Overall look of the Inn- Very Satisfied

Complimentary Breakfast- Very Satisfied

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

 We always enjoy hearing from our guests here at the Red Roof Inn & Suites Clinton! Thank you for posting such a pleasant review.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Room was not cleaned properly! Cobwebs in the corners, sheets had cigarette burn holes, bedspread had yellow stains, bathroom tile was coming off, the tub needed a good scrub, chairs had stains all over the upholestry and if you sat in a chair they felt like they were going to break. We rented a total of 3 rooms in our group and it was the same in all the rooms. One of parties had to switch rooms! I would never stay there again and DO NOT reccomended it!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
dwbrannon, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

I am sorry your stay was not a good one. I hope you will give another chance sometime in the future.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Not cheap enough for the uncleanliness. We stayed here as a pit stop on our way home from Disney World. We were not expecting much for our $70. But this place was just plain filthy. The first room we were given was unacceptable. I pulled down the generic cover to inspect the blanket and sheets. The blankets on both beds were covered in yellow and rusty stains. There were no sheets covering the blanket, yet they appeared to not be changed. The sheets, too, had stains and cigarette burns. These burns were placed at the head of the bed---at least try to hide it!!

I went to the front desk to ask for fresh sheets and covers. The man questioned me and then reluctantly left to get me some. While he was gone, I saw a letter on the counter from a 'Heather'. It stated, among other things, instructions on how to wash the sheets because there had been too many complaints about 'dirty, hairy bedding.' YUCK!!!

The man returned with clean sheets, but no blanket. He said he did not have any. (This concerns me, because if there are no extra blankets, how are they changing them out!!!! Only acceptable if the blanket is covered with sheets, which it was not. I told him that I did not feel comfortable. So reluctantly he gave me a new room.

The new room did feel cleaner, and the sheets were clean. The blanket was stained, but not as much. I just turned the heat up and slept in sheets.

Also noted: the carpet was full of white powder near the wall. The floor of the bathroom had cleaning residue on the wall. The bathtub stopper was removed from the tub and all green. Yuck Yuck Yuck.

Room Tip: Only stay if you can't go anywhere else.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
dwbrannon, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

I am sorry you were not happy with your stay with us. The Holiday travel season can be difficult both for those traveling and those working in the travel industry. I do hope you will come back and give us another try. Again, apologies.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Quality Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville Clinton
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#1 of 3 in Rocky Top

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Clinton? Share your experiences!