“You get what you pay for...”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Clinton
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Clinton
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Traveling this is right off I 75, the room had a flat screen with a king size bed. Sofa was dirty, the floors were stained, but this is what we have come to expect from a hotel that will accept pets. Bed had coverlet using flat sheet, this was clean. the bathroom was clean and we had plenty of towels. Accepts pets, and is at least $25 cheaper than all the other hotels at this stop.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel because we needed a "kids stay free" hotel. This was the last hotel stop for us since we started driving home from Niagara Falls, NY. Ok.. now, the hotel is great in location But their rooms need updating!

Rooms had stains on the walls, holes and cracks in the ceilings.

Rug smelled of a strange odor.

The bathroom toilet flushed slowly, causing us to think that it would overflow many times. The lock and knob on the bathroom door was loose.

The TV had cable... great! But it was a very old TV (with a VCR slot). We couldn't even hook up our portable DVD player... sad

The beds: had stains on the pillow cases and sheets and pillows. Weird brownish stains that resembled slobber stains on the pillows.

The pool was nice.

Yes I check thoroughly because I travel with my children! I will think twice about booking this hotel again. I would pay more for a cleaner room. We paid 80.00+ for this room.

We were in room 225

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Made reservations online and for a room with 2 queen size beds. But was surprised to find that the beds they call queen size are only double beds.. Also the pictures are very deseving. The bed spread was a sheet, no flat tv, beds and furniture was old. The room needed a good cleaning and paint. When I checked out in the morning, I wasn't asked how my stay was. Clerk was really short with me. I would pass right by next time or stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Truck Parking
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My family and I are traveling and needed to find a pet friendly place quickly so we could sleep and keep moving the next morning. We entered the room to find it disgustingly dirty previous people's garbage was left in there. stains on the beds pillows and walls. The sinks looked like they were half cleaned. My dad went to pull out the sofa bed for my brother and it came out in pieces none of the springs attached. The room was non smoking yet there's burnt cigerettes holes in the furniture and there were cob webs everywhere. We couldn't stay our bodies felt like they were crawling because of how filthy the place was. I will never go there again it was a huge disappointment because we had heard the red roof inns were a great place to stay and this disgusting outdated place was definitely not worth it.

• Stayed: May 2013
dwbrannon, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

First of all let me apologize for your inconvenience. What appears to have happened is that you where given a room that was supposed to be on a maintenance hold. It's unfortunate that you did not give us a chance to correct the problem. If your travels bring you back this way, please let us try again.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed at the Red Roof in Clinton last week, while on our way to Savannah. I was very pleasantly surprised by the cheefulness of the room decor. I've found the majority of pet-friendly hotels I've visited to be rather grim-looking places, indeed! Our room was clean, pleasant and comfortable, and I was very pleased that they had a nice, grassy area which was suitable for taking our dogs outside during the night. The selection of breakfast items left something to be desired, but otherwise, our stay was much more comfortable and pleasant than I had expected it to be. Overall, an excellent value for the money!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed, slept, ate breakfast. Was comfortable night, and yes - the absence of the comforter is a take on a 5 star cleanliness trend and should be adopted by all hotels and inns! We will be back...very nice lady (blonde) on desk when we left...nice last minute impressions

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank bobbiesreviews
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Rooms seem updated, surprised by learning " no bed spreads is an intentional feature!
I try to stay with this chain overall. A quiet, normal stay. "Check-In" very poor, not helpful! Long delay, bored front desk, preoccupied, allowed later arrivals to get ahead with long personal conversations.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Quality Inn
Red Roof Inn Caryville
Red Roof Inn Caryville
#3 of 4 in Caryville
Hampton Inn Knoxville/Clinton I-75

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Clinton? Share your experiences!