“Great find, nice view!”
Review of Mountain View Inn

Mountain View Inn
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Very personable staff, the owner gave us an upgraded room. The breakfast was very good and the room was very comfortable. Overall a good value and we would stay there again! They had a nice outdoor pool and we had a wonderful Valentine's Day dinner in the evening.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank patbster
Richie H, Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for your kind words and a 4 star review. We appreciate you noticing our wonderful Valentine's dinner. That is a tradition for the Mountain View. Of Course, our mountain views are what we are known for best, but our food is some of the finest in the area. We are glad you enjoyed your room and hope you come by and stay with us again very soon.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

My sister and I have stayed here the past 2 years when we come to Cleveland to have Christmas with family. The hotel is decorated beautifully for Christmas. The staff is so gracious. This is a Christian owned hotel! Needs some updating, but a lovely place to stay. We will definitely come again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank sbell2852
Richie H, Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. WE are family owned and operated and actually do the Christmas decorating ourselves. I will pass your compliments on to our ladies that work hard to provide something EXTRA for our guests in the way of decorating. Be safe in your travels and please come back soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Well, I hate to give this place a bad review because I like to support small businesses. When I made my reservation, the gentleman that assisted me was more than pleasant and even offered me a discount that I wasn't aware of! Since I was pinching pennies was awesome! I mentioned to him that I might need to check in early because I would need to get ready for a wedding at 4. He told me to call the morning of to tell the morning staff and that it would be no problem.
WELL I did just as he directed, the pleasant morning staff assured me that it would be no problem!

I arrived to the Hotel at 2pm(regular check in was 3pm) They did not have my room ready and could not place me in another room because they were "booked"(no cars in the parking lot mind you) to make a long story shorter, they did not have my room ready until almost 3:30!!!!!!! Luckily the wedding was very nearby, other wise I wouldn't have been on time.

The lobby is pretty nice, the outside a little run down, the staff very friendly, room was pretty clean, except the ceiling above the tub was moldy, and the fan vent was really dirty(EWWWW!!), beds were comfy.

Breakfast was a "free buffet" you had to tip, and pay for your drink because it was a restaurant attached to the hotel. The food was...Ehh...I shouldn't complain since it was free, what could I really expect?

THE VIEW WAS GREAT! Sunrise and sunset were spectacular!

They gave me another reduction in price for the late check in. I WOULD stay here again if I could be promised and guarenteed there would be no mold.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank heathernoelle13
Richie H, Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for your review. Your kind words are appreciated. We apologize for the 30 minute late check in due to our hotel being sold out the night prior to your arrival. We hope to see you again in your travels to our area.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We spent two nights and it may not be the newest motel, it was better than most of the others in the area. Checking in was easy and we were able to get a room close to our friends. The lobby is very nice and I've heard that the rooms in the front part of the hotel are very nice. Our room was on the Mountain side and it was better than most motels we've stayed in. It was clean & the bathroom wasn't bad. The only draw back is that the bed was rather hard. Location is great for jumping on the Interstate and driving into Chattanooga (we didn't hear any traffic noises). I would stay here again - and it's a good value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Richie H, General Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you referring us to other travelers and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. The views this time of year at the Mountain View Inn are breathtaking!!! Come see us again very soon and be safe in all of your travels.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Found a good deal at Mt View Inn for our Ocoee rafting trip. Staff was very helpful. Room was okay but not great. Had some concerns but the staff took care of them right away. Hot breakfast... Hint: get complementary coffee or they will charge in dinning room. You could tell this was a beauty in her day but she needs a facelift. No noise issues. Good view of valley.

Room Tip: If traveling with someone, ask for a second floor room facing valley/mt view.
1  Thank thingtodo
PastorR_11, Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind review. WE really appreciate your business. Please come and see us again.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

This hotel worked very well for our rafting trip on the ocoee enroute to Atlanta. The only negative thing I can say is that although the room was clean overall, the shower needed some attention. The fixtures were outdated and if you lifted up the sticky mat in the tub it was pretty gross underneath.
Staff were very friendly and helpful and room and amenities were comfortable.

Room Tip: If you are on the ground floor, cars can park in front of your room. It is well soundproofed and th...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
PastorR_11, Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

WE really appreciate your kind words and suggestions. WE work very hard to provide a great experience for you and our other customers. Please come and see us again.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

After reading past reviews of this hotel, I took a chance and I do like this hotel. It makes me think of Linus in Charlie Brown Christmas where he says.."It's not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love."
The staff was very accommodating especially the nice 'Carrie Underwood All American Girl' who greeted us with a smile when we arrived. The pool is nice and big which my son loved. The view of the mountains is incredible! Our room was clean and comfy.
The hotel does need some work but overall it is nice for the money. Bottom line...would I stay here again?? YES!!

2  Thank ocaladan
PastorR_11, Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. Our staff appreciates your recognition of their efforts to serve you and yours. We hope you will visit us again, perhaps in the fall where the views you mentioned are incredible with the seasonal change of colors.