“I wanted to love this place so bad.”
Review of Mountain View Inn

Mountain View Inn
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Well, I hate to give this place a bad review because I like to support small businesses. When I made my reservation, the gentleman that assisted me was more than pleasant and even offered me a discount that I wasn't aware of! Since I was pinching pennies was awesome! I mentioned to him that I might need to check in early because I would need to get ready for a wedding at 4. He told me to call the morning of to tell the morning staff and that it would be no problem.
WELL I did just as he directed, the pleasant morning staff assured me that it would be no problem!

I arrived to the Hotel at 2pm(regular check in was 3pm) They did not have my room ready and could not place me in another room because they were "booked"(no cars in the parking lot mind you) to make a long story shorter, they did not have my room ready until almost 3:30!!!!!!! Luckily the wedding was very nearby, other wise I wouldn't have been on time.

The lobby is pretty nice, the outside a little run down, the staff very friendly, room was pretty clean, except the ceiling above the tub was moldy, and the fan vent was really dirty(EWWWW!!), beds were comfy.

Breakfast was a "free buffet" you had to tip, and pay for your drink because it was a restaurant attached to the hotel. The food was...Ehh...I shouldn't complain since it was free, what could I really expect?

THE VIEW WAS GREAT! Sunrise and sunset were spectacular!

They gave me another reduction in price for the late check in. I WOULD stay here again if I could be promised and guarenteed there would be no mold.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank heathernoelle13
Richie H, Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for your review. Your kind words are appreciated. We apologize for the 30 minute late check in due to our hotel being sold out the night prior to your arrival. We hope to see you again in your travels to our area.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We spent two nights and it may not be the newest motel, it was better than most of the others in the area. Checking in was easy and we were able to get a room close to our friends. The lobby is very nice and I've heard that the rooms in the front part of the hotel are very nice. Our room was on the Mountain side and it was better than most motels we've stayed in. It was clean & the bathroom wasn't bad. The only draw back is that the bed was rather hard. Location is great for jumping on the Interstate and driving into Chattanooga (we didn't hear any traffic noises). I would stay here again - and it's a good value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Richie H, General Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you referring us to other travelers and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. The views this time of year at the Mountain View Inn are breathtaking!!! Come see us again very soon and be safe in all of your travels.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Found a good deal at Mt View Inn for our Ocoee rafting trip. Staff was very helpful. Room was okay but not great. Had some concerns but the staff took care of them right away. Hot breakfast... Hint: get complementary coffee or they will charge in dinning room. You could tell this was a beauty in her day but she needs a facelift. No noise issues. Good view of valley.

Room Tip: If traveling with someone, ask for a second floor room facing valley/mt view.
1  Thank thingtodo
PastorR_11, Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind review. WE really appreciate your business. Please come and see us again.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

This hotel worked very well for our rafting trip on the ocoee enroute to Atlanta. The only negative thing I can say is that although the room was clean overall, the shower needed some attention. The fixtures were outdated and if you lifted up the sticky mat in the tub it was pretty gross underneath.
Staff were very friendly and helpful and room and amenities were comfortable.

Room Tip: If you are on the ground floor, cars can park in front of your room. It is well soundproofed and th...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
PastorR_11, Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

WE really appreciate your kind words and suggestions. WE work very hard to provide a great experience for you and our other customers. Please come and see us again.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

After reading past reviews of this hotel, I took a chance and I do like this hotel. It makes me think of Linus in Charlie Brown Christmas where he says.."It's not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love."
The staff was very accommodating especially the nice 'Carrie Underwood All American Girl' who greeted us with a smile when we arrived. The pool is nice and big which my son loved. The view of the mountains is incredible! Our room was clean and comfy.
The hotel does need some work but overall it is nice for the money. Bottom line...would I stay here again?? YES!!

2  Thank ocaladan
PastorR_11, Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. Our staff appreciates your recognition of their efforts to serve you and yours. We hope you will visit us again, perhaps in the fall where the views you mentioned are incredible with the seasonal change of colors.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed June 24, 2012

The room was clean and the view beautiful. They do offer a breakfast which they advertise as free,but what they don not tell you is that it is only free for 2 people in th room, all others have to pay. They advertise a restaurant but they don't tell you it is only open for a short period of time on weekends. They have a pool, which of one of the reasons we booked this hotel, the pool was closed the entire time we were there, keep in mind that I called everyday the week prior to our trip and was told it was under maintenance, but would be open during our stay. It was not. The advertise free WIFi, but the desk clerk did not know how to check the router or turn it on. We left for the day and found ourselves looked out of our room upon return . The desk clerk stated our key had been deactivated because he did not we were there. Once we got in our room we found that housekeeping had not cleaned our room. I notified the desk clerk who stated since they didn't know we were there housekeeping didn't know to come by and have now left and would not return until that Monday. He offered for us to come to the desk and get linens to change our beds. Upon checkout we were forced to pay for our stay. I attempted to explain that we had paid in advance,but they could not find any record of it. It took 2 weeks to speak to someone who could help us get a refund.
I know this is long winded, but if other reviews had been more informative I would not have booked wit this hotel. Once again, the room was ok. The customer service was horrible!!!
I am sure the manager will respond in some way to this review, but Beware!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Always double Check ratings before you decide. Go with what you know!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ruth B
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

We are very sorry that this visit was anything less than a tremendous experience. It is true that our swimming pool was to be open for your visit. Unfortunately, the part that was needed to adequately pump the pool water in order to proviide safe, clean water suitable for swimming arrived almost a full week later than promised to us from the manufacturer. It was not our intent to falsify the opening of the pool. Regardless, we make our guests safety the top priority and did choose not to open the pool until we were assured through testing that the water was ready for our guests to enjoy with the utmost concern for yours and their health. We always strive to provide a safe, clean and enjoyable visit for all of our guests and apologize that our pool was not open for your visit. Our pool and hotel are both in wonderful condition now and we welcome anyone looking for the best views in South East Tennessee with excellent food, swimming pool and guest rooms.