“Good local place”

Ranked #92 of 196 Restaurants in Cleveland
bbq4u
“Good local place”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

If you are looking for gourmet, this is not your place. Decent burgers and dogs at a really good price. The high point is this is a local, personal and homey feeling type dinner. We will be regulars here for lunch!

• Visited September 2013

Tampa, Florida
“Yum yum yum yum yum”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I liked the fact that this place had been in operation for so long. Their burgers are delicious and hearty, they have TATER TOTS! We have eaten here several times, as take out. The western burger is my new favorite, but I'm not a fan of BBQ sauce, so I ask them to leave it off. The prices are similar to five guys, but the burgers and fries are so much better. I hope they stay around die another 80 years. So good.

• Visited July 2013
Christiana, Tennessee
“Not quite the same”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I've been a huge fan of The Spot since before I moved to Cleveland. I was devastated (about as much as you can be about a restaurant) when I heard they had closed their doors a few months back. I was equally overjoyed when my daughter recently told me they had reopened. I went there today and really didn't care for the experience. There was a radio playing quietly in the dining room and one playing a different station a little more loudly in the kitchen, so you were listening to both at the same time. The kitchen staff were acting fairly unprofessional, sticking their heads out through the serving window and talking to friends who were dining there. I ordered a burger and a bowl of chili (my favorite on the planet) to go. The burger was ordered to have mayo and mustard. When I received my order my "bowl" of chili was like a small coffee cup full. When I asked about it the nice young lady at the counter asked the cook who said they had made a mistake and would give me a larger cup to go with it. I was a little disappointed when I opened it and it was less than half full. Then I opened the burger and not only was it much smaller than the smallish burgers I used to get there, there was nothing on it and when I looked in the bag it was full of mustard and ketchup packs...no mayo. I miss the old Spot, don't really think I care for this one.

Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
“Great place to take your Grandkids”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

If you want to take your Grandkids back in time, to the days of the soda pop fountain and hand scooped milk shakes, this is the place. The atmosphere is truly authentic to the 1950s, not too much shine like steak and shake etc.. but the real thing. We love to take the grandkids downtown to historic Cleveland and talk about "the good ole days" with them.... days they'll never experience unless they visit an original "spot" like this! As for the food, it's as good as hamburgers and hotdogs get (not my favorite) but it's fun for every now and then. The Milkshakes and Onion Rings are great too! Service is a little lacking but I supposed that comes and goes depending on the present help.

• Visited March 2013
Placencia, Belize
“Old timey lunch counter place, lives up to it's name!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

When you go to place like this and a bunch of locals are hanging out and eating there too, you know there must be something special about the place. Taking a seat at a booth, we were mesmerized how cool this place is. The brick wall, the exposed beams, the old timey lunch counter, it was all there just like out of a movie from the 50's. I expected to Richie Cunningham and the crew from Happy Days to come walking through the door for lunch in any minute. I had the "Hot Slaw" and let me tell you it lives up to it's name. Never had anything like this before and it was good. The burgers, the fries, the milk shakes, all good. It's a fun place and great to see that there are these types of landmarks that are still around and can be enjoyed.

• Visited March 2013