“Good Donuts” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Takeout
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Good Donuts”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

My family enjoys their donuts. They are fresh and soft. We had them make my daughter's 4th birthday cake and it was more icing than cake. It was okay. Nothing spectacular. A little dry for my liking. We haven't had any of their thumbprint cookies though. I did order 2 dozen of their homemade cookies for my daughters "thank you" bags - hard and crunchy. They look good, but are not (unless you like that kind - hard and crunchy.) The cookies they have already wrapped, I believe are not homemade and just pre-ordered cookies they bought. Those are horrible, even my kids won't eat them. but yet if whenever we go in there, they eye those suckers up. Go figure. I like that it's locally owned. It is a tiny place, definitely not a sit down place and have a cup of joe kind of place. You get your order and go.

• Visited November 2011

Cleveland
“IF we ever go back, it would only be for the thumbprint cookies”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

We had the village do the cakes for our wedding. Everything was perfect, we described what we wanted and what everything should have looked like (we even provided several pictures and the cake lady wrote everything down and even made circles and notes on our pictures) then we were provided with a very good price. We went in several times to make sure they knew what we wanted. Everything was written down perfect and we couldn't have asked for better service...until the day of the wedding. Our wedding was an hour from the cake shop, after the cake was picked up and set up at the reception, we discovered that it was completely wrong, nothing like what we said we wanted and what was written down and in our pictures. The bakery wanted us to bring the cake back down so it could be fixed (totally unprofessional). There was no way we could waste 2 hours of our wedding day to take the cake to be fixed. The lady finally said she would come fix it, which she halfway did. The cake was supposed to have black fondant ribbon, well turns out she took the cheap way out and put real black ribbon on it making it next to impossible to cut. The cake also had the most awful red fondant ribbon on the corner, which we at no time had mentioned that we wanted that. The cake was also very dry, it tasted like they had made it a week before and stuck it in the fridge. The only reason I didn't give a one star is that they did an amazing job on my groom's cake. My dad had passed away a couple of months before and I wanted them to do my cake like his 71 Mach 1 Mustang. They did an amazing job on it. I would not recommend getting a cake from this bakery, but you can't go wrong with the thumbprint cookies.

• Visited September 2010
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank stangguy319
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Very good Service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2010

They make great cakes for all occasions. all kinds of sweets! Had my cake done on time and very friendly

East Tennessee
“Ole time family bakery with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2010

Highly recommended! The doughnuts are the world's best! Try the creme hornes and the thumbprint cookies which are our family favorites. Family owned and Mr. Gilbert taught them all well.

Cleveland, TN
“Average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2010

I thought it was just average. The walls are bare and white, as is the menu. The prices were decent--about $4 for a dozen thumbprint cookies and the cookies were very good--thumbprint cookies are what they're known for and they didn't disappoint. The other products I was looking at didn't seem very imaginative or very "bakery" like--for example, plain cupcakes with icing not even piped on. I asked for a brochure or a menu to go and they didn't have one. I personally wouldn't go back unless it was for thumbprint cookies.

• 1 of 5 bubbles