“We love the new location”
Review of Jenkins Deli

Jenkins Deli
Ranked #11 of 197 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Jenkins Restaurant and Deli has been family owned and operated since March 15, 1976, serving many generations over the past 39 years. Recognized in National Geographic, Southern Living, Guns and Gardens, Tennessee Tourism website, and many local and regional publications. Known for our outstanding cuisine, long standing excellent service, warm hospitality, and community involvement. The all-time favorites are still on the menu; Jenkins' famous chicken salad, French dip, buffalo burger, and specialty soups and market items. New to the menu is a much-requested large fresh salad bar that has something for everyone. Our new location has a fun family atmosphere featuring a large model 'G' gauge train circling the dinning, a two sided fireplace with covered patio, and tons of local memorabilia tucked into every corner. Ask about our party room that seats up to 40 people, perfect for business or club meetings, wedding or baby showers, birthday parties or a social gathering.
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The salad bar at the new Jenkins location is wonderful! It's not Ruby Tuesday's, but it is close. There was a decent selection, it is well kept, and my family enjoyed it. The menu has a good variety from which to select. There are great sandwiches, steak, and chicken dishes.

There are newer reviews for Jenkins Deli

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The details of the listing show Jenkins Deli at 88 Mouse Creek Rd. Several months ago, they moved several miles into a brand new location.

It now has more room and outside seating which was unavailable at the old location. The inside is still an eclectic mix of posters, sign, and memorabilia. They even have added a train that goes around the outside walls.

Food is good and many of the old favorites are still on the menu. A good place to go for lunch, after work snacks and drinks, and supper.

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Jenkins restaurant had changed locations since I had last been to Cleveland so I decided to give it a retry. I ordered what turned out to be an insanely sweet tea. How restaurants can make a bad pot of tea after so many years of being open is just crazy to me. I

I ordered the American kobe beef burger with Monterey jack. As the waitress asked me how I would like my burger cooked, I was left with the impression that it would arrive at my table that way. I ordered medium and got extra crispy. I also got fries instead of my baked potato. Order was sent back but I once again got well done. I finished my burger and potato, hurriedly paid and ran out. That burger was the epitome of dry. The waitress was very nice but I can't eat pleasantries.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

My husband and I have eaten here twice. Both times he has had the Prime Rib and both times he had to explain to the waitstaff that it wasn't a steak. They were totally confused when he ordered it, even though it is on the regular menu and one night it was a "special". The first time I had the shrimp alfredo which was really good but would have been better with more than 6 grilled shrimp in that huge bowl of pasta. Tonight I had the grilled chicken with penne pasta, creamed spinach and hot cheese. I could only eat a few bites because the cheese was so hot my stomach was on fire which prevented me from eating much more. It was supposed to be topped with sun dried tomatoes, but was topped with fresh chopped tomatos. This dish is misrepresented on the menu or they dont know what sun dried tomatoes are. The salads are good and fresh, the french onion soup is awful so I guess it's a hit or miss kind of place. This is a nice place with a nice atmosphere and they play great music that is loud enough for you to hear but you can also hear each other across the table without screaming. The train running around the ceiling every few minutes is fun to watch. The place is very clean and we will eat there again, but I honestly don't know what I am going to try next time.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

My family and I have been eating at Jenkins Deli since they first opened in the old Cleveland Mall. The new restaurant has a great atmosphere with the same great food. Kay, Don, David and their staff make each visit better than the last.

1  Thank Lynn C