“good food”

Jenkins Deli
Ranked #11 of 197 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Jenkins Restaurant and Deli has been family owned and operated since March 15, 1976, serving many generations over the past 39 years. Recognized in National Geographic, Southern Living, Guns and Gardens, Tennessee Tourism website, and many local and regional publications. Known for our outstanding cuisine, long standing excellent service, warm hospitality, and community involvement. The all-time favorites are still on the menu; Jenkins' famous chicken salad, French dip, buffalo burger, and specialty soups and market items. New to the menu is a much-requested large fresh salad bar that has something for everyone. Our new location has a fun family atmosphere featuring a large model 'G' gauge train circling the dinning, a two sided fireplace with covered patio, and tons of local memorabilia tucked into every corner. Ask about our party room that seats up to 40 people, perfect for business or club meetings, wedding or baby showers, birthday parties or a social gathering.
Reviewed September 26, 2013

sounds ordinary but I ordered super sub with kettle chips and a coke. delicious!! nice friendly atmosphere.

1  Thank DONNA R
There are newer reviews for Jenkins Deli

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We were in town for an Antique car show and a friend of ours, who grew up in Cleveland told us we had to eat at Jenkins. Glad we stopped here. We arrived about 11:30 for lunch. Everyone needs to try the chicken and rice soup. It was the best I have ever had. The French dip is excellent and the sweet potato fries were great. They were waffle fry type and come with cinnamon butter. When we left the place was packed with people waiting to be seated. The next day on the way out of town we stopped there again and even had the same waitress. We even ordered takeout, chicken salad and a chef salad for our friend who told us about this place. Whenever we're in Cleveland this will be one of our stops.

1  Thank nkimperial
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We were impressed with the food, service and the atmosphere was unique and enjoyable. The only disappointment I have is I was told they had a large full service bar. Small not full service but that will not keep me from going back.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

While attending a antique car show in Cleveland, our first time in this town, our friends had eaten earlier this day here for lunch. We decided to go grab a late lunch also, arriving about 1:30 pm. The restaurant was still busy but we were seated immediately. My wife and I had their signature chicken and rice soup and it was excellent. I also had their signature chicken salad sandwich on texas toast with kettle chips. It was also good. Only thing lacking was maybe lettuce and tomato but I didn't ask for them. I would return to this restaurant if in the area. I heard they are going to move into a new building soon. Our server, Jessica, was outstanding. Thanks Jessica, you made our first visit pleasant.

1  Thank norme-ormond
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Jenkins has been around as long as I have, and it is truly a meeting place for folks in Cleveland. If you are looking for local and casual while in Cleveland, this is the exact place to be.

They are famous for their chicken salad, although I don't get that. People really love it, though. I generally get the french onion soup, which is richer than most french onion soups that I have had. For an entree, most everything they serve is going to be pretty good. I like the ham and cheese. You get to select what type of bread and what type of cheese. The french dip is also very good. My husband really likes the Zippy Chippy Chicken. It is a chicken breast served smothered in peppers, onions, and cheese. My brother really likes the buffalo burgers. There is really something for everyone. Jenkins has been around forever because they have good food...if something isn't popular or selling they aren't going to keep it on the menu.

Here's a tip: you can get a cup of soup instead of a side, and you can ask for it first (for example: if I order a ham and cheese with french onion soup, but with the soup first...I will get my soup before my meal, and then my sandwich will be all alone on its plate). All of their soups are beloved members of the community (ha ha). You won't be disappointed with any of them. They have a large selection of sides otherwise, and their fries are nice thick steak cut fries.

For dessert they have several decadent selections. My favorite is the french silk pie. My husband always wants to share and I tell him to get his own. DELICIOUS!!!

If you are in Cleveland, you will certainly enjoy your experience at Jenkins!

1  Thank BeckyD423