“Banana pudding is a must have”
Review of Jordan's Bar-B-Q

Jordan's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #5 of 197 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

TN BBQ is not like Texas so go for the pulled pork. Pretty good, the Banana pudding is excellent. A must have every time we go to Cleveland.

1  Thank ArlingtonTexas

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Good bbq-would visit again & recommend to anyone looking for such. Ribs were big & meaty & nearly fall off the bone but with enough texture to make enjoyable, pulled pork moist & tender. Smoke flavor a little strong but not overpowering...hey...it's bbq. Fried green beans (new for me) were tasty. Good service (none of the lack of attentativeness as noted in other reviews-server was helpful & nice & made the rounds frequently).

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I visited on a business trip with about 16 diners. I thought they did well getting our orders and served the food in a reasonable amount of time. The restaurant was full of other customers as well. I had a combo platter of ribs and pork. I liked the ribs better than the pork which was just okay. Their hot slaw was definitely hot and spicy. Other comments from my companions were generally favorable. The stuffed baked potato got good reviews as did the other side dishes.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I don't have anything positive to say about this place. My family and I went here shortly after moving here and were hugely disappointed by the bbq Jordan's puts out. We shared a variety of different foods here as we do anytime we try a new place, but bbq is a little easier to do this with because you can get 2 and 3 meat plates and just share everything. The only meat we didn't try were the ribs, but everything we did get had an overpowering smoky flavor. Just so everyone who is giving this place good reviews knows, the overpowering smoky flavor comes from what they call liquid smoke. I have never felt that I was getting shafted with liquid smoke from a restaurant claiming to be a bbq joint, but I am sure that is what they do here.

The service was mediocre. I cannot say the service was bad, but it was sub-average even for Cleveland. If this place was in Chattanooga it would not survive because no one would go there. My advice is if you live in Cleveland go and check it out, make your own mind up, but if you are travelling through there are two much better places than this in Cleveland.

1  Thank jpf1976
Dennis J, Owner at Jordan's Bar-B-Q, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Im sorry you didn't like our BBQ....Its cooked 100% with hickory wood...there never has been nor ever will be liquid smoke in this restaurant....just slow cooked with wood

Reviewed February 14, 2013

it is great food but it can be pricy it has decorations all over the wall service is great the food is great and most of all the amount you get is a very good amount music playing sauce is good it is clean and the servers