“True Que”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Good bbq-would visit again & recommend to anyone looking for such. Ribs were big & meaty & nearly fall off the bone but with enough texture to make enjoyable, pulled pork moist & tender. Smoke flavor a little strong but not overpowering...hey...it's bbq. Fried green beans (new for me) were tasty. Good service (none of the lack of attentativeness as noted in other reviews-server was helpful & nice & made the rounds frequently).

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I visited on a business trip with about 16 diners. I thought they did well getting our orders and served the food in a reasonable amount of time. The restaurant was full of other customers as well. I had a combo platter of ribs and pork. I liked the ribs better than the pork which was just okay. Their hot slaw was definitely hot and spicy. Other comments from my companions were generally favorable. The stuffed baked potato got good reviews as did the other side dishes.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I don't have anything positive to say about this place. My family and I went here shortly after moving here and were hugely disappointed by the bbq Jordan's puts out. We shared a variety of different foods here as we do anytime we try a new place, but bbq is a little easier to do this with because you can get 2 and 3 meat plates and just share everything. The only meat we didn't try were the ribs, but everything we did get had an overpowering smoky flavor. Just so everyone who is giving this place good reviews knows, the overpowering smoky flavor comes from what they call liquid smoke. I have never felt that I was getting shafted with liquid smoke from a restaurant claiming to be a bbq joint, but I am sure that is what they do here.

The service was mediocre. I cannot say the service was bad, but it was sub-average even for Cleveland. If this place was in Chattanooga it would not survive because no one would go there. My advice is if you live in Cleveland go and check it out, make your own mind up, but if you are travelling through there are two much better places than this in Cleveland.

1  Thank jpf1976
Dennis J, Owner at Jordan's Bar-B-Q, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Im sorry you didn't like our BBQ....Its cooked 100% with hickory wood...there never has been nor ever will be liquid smoke in this restaurant....just slow cooked with wood

Reviewed February 14, 2013

it is great food but it can be pricy it has decorations all over the wall service is great the food is great and most of all the amount you get is a very good amount music playing sauce is good it is clean and the servers

Reviewed January 17, 2013

The service I received from the restaurant was less than exceptional. I came in to make a pick-up order and the two ladies working behind the counter could have cared less about taking my order or helping me with my questions. Furthermore, while I was looking over the menu, an older gentlemen (I guess the owner or manager) was making comments about smelling marijuana. What kind of establishment are you guys running here? Why are you making comments like that out loud in front of customers? As far as the food is concerned it was close to the worse tasting BBQ I had ever had. The meat flavor was nothing but smoke. It was like biting into a burnt piece of wood. I enjoy wood flavoring, but this was disgusting. To make matters worse, they didn't put our sauces, that we ordered and paid for, in our bags. The best part of the whole meal was the slaw and I am pretty sure that the recipe is ripped off from KFC's slaw recipe. This is was my families first and last trip to this joke of a restaurant. Makes it hard to support local businesses when they give such horrible service and serve bad food.

6  Thank tautet689