“The worst commercial bbq I've ever had”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Jordan's Bar-B-Q

Jordan's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #11 of 195 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“The worst commercial bbq I've ever had”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I don't have anything positive to say about this place. My family and I went here shortly after moving here and were hugely disappointed by the bbq Jordan's puts out. We shared a variety of different foods here as we do anytime we try a new place, but bbq is a little easier to do this with because you can get 2 and 3 meat plates and just share everything. The only meat we didn't try were the ribs, but everything we did get had an overpowering smoky flavor. Just so everyone who is giving this place good reviews knows, the overpowering smoky flavor comes from what they call liquid smoke. I have never felt that I was getting shafted with liquid smoke from a restaurant claiming to be a bbq joint, but I am sure that is what they do here.

The service was mediocre. I cannot say the service was bad, but it was sub-average even for Cleveland. If this place was in Chattanooga it would not survive because no one would go there. My advice is if you live in Cleveland go and check it out, make your own mind up, but if you are travelling through there are two much better places than this in Cleveland.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank jpf1976
Dennis J, Owner at Jordan's Bar-B-Q, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Im sorry you didn't like our BBQ....Its cooked 100% with hickory wood...there never has been nor ever will be liquid smoke in this restaurant....just slow cooked with wood

Cleveland, Tennessee
“good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

it is great food but it can be pricy it has decorations all over the wall service is great the food is great and most of all the amount you get is a very good amount music playing sauce is good it is clean and the servers

• Visited February 2013
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Bad Food and Horrible Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

The service I received from the restaurant was less than exceptional. I came in to make a pick-up order and the two ladies working behind the counter could have cared less about taking my order or helping me with my questions. Furthermore, while I was looking over the menu, an older gentlemen (I guess the owner or manager) was making comments about smelling marijuana. What kind of establishment are you guys running here? Why are you making comments like that out loud in front of customers? As far as the food is concerned it was close to the worse tasting BBQ I had ever had. The meat flavor was nothing but smoke. It was like biting into a burnt piece of wood. I enjoy wood flavoring, but this was disgusting. To make matters worse, they didn't put our sauces, that we ordered and paid for, in our bags. The best part of the whole meal was the slaw and I am pretty sure that the recipe is ripped off from KFC's slaw recipe. This is was my families first and last trip to this joke of a restaurant. Makes it hard to support local businesses when they give such horrible service and serve bad food.

• Visited January 2013
6 Thank tautet689
Tennessee
“THE BEST OF THE BEST OF THE BEST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Growing up in Alabama, you cut your teeth on BBQ! Jordan's has absolutely the best of the best, in any area around here. You get real smoked BBQ, without all that wet sticky sauce on it. And their sauce is the best too, but you put what you want on it. The hot slaw is also to die for, you might need a kleenex afterwards, but that's why you got it! The smell when you go in makes you want to eat the air! The HUGE baked potato stuffed with what you want, and the fresh banana pudding, yummmm. It just does not get any better than here. They have catered for my office before too. Thanks Dennis!

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank Theresa L
Cleveland
“Excellent BBQ Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I place orders for bulk BBQ frequently; however, I occassionally have the opportunity to eat at the restaurant. When they are smoking the BBQ, the entire place smells awesome! I love the hot slaw!

Visited October 2012