“Good Food, Poor Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #8 of 195 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
“Good Food, Poor Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and I stopped at this CB location on the way home from our recent trip to Pigeon Forge. The store itself is clean....like most Cracker Barrels. We were seated promptly. My husband ordered the Chicken Fried Chicken, I ordered the Haddock. Both meals were delicious. The problem with our visit? The service! We had very poor service. I could understand slow service if they were very busy, but they were not. Our server, after bringing us our drinks in the beginning, was unattentive to us the rest of the meal. Our drinks sat empty for a while before we flagged her down and asked for a refill. After we were finished eating, we had to flag down another server to ask our server to bring us our check. Cracker Barrel's policy is to drop off the check one minute after you get your meal and after they make sure you are satisfied with your meal. I know this because i have worked for Cracker Barrel. We then had to flag down yet another server to get us a couple of "to-go" boxes. When our server did finally show up, before we were about to get up, she said "i'm sorry i couldn't get over here more." The problem is, i can't understand why she couldn't take better care of us. I have been in the food industry for over 10 years and i have always taken good care of my guests! That was my job! I should have said something when i was paying the check, i didn't and i regret not doing so. Managers need to know how their servers are doing. My advice: always let a manager know when you are not happy! It's the only way they can fix the situation. If they don't know....nothing changes.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank TnCountryLife

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Really liked the chicken tender sandwich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Family visited Cleveland for basketball tourney. Stayed nearby and needed a quick take out. Wife suggested Cracker Barrell , it was a good call. Food was hot and tasty. I tried the chicken tender sandwich and really enjoyed it with a side of dumplings.

“Great place for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Recent had good meal at Cracker Barrel. They seared us right away & we received our food very quickly! They had run out of the special for Monday of chicken n'dressing. It must have been popular, so they substituted the meat loaf for the same price. Their fried okra is the best around. We had an enjoyable late lunch!

Cleveland, Tennessee
“not always the best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

living in cleveland, we have came to realize, if you do not go into this restaurant when it is busy, your food is mediocre, at best.

Visited February 2013
Ft. Myers FL
“Good hot food on a cold winters night!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

One thing we know as travelers, is that Cracker Barrel restaurants supply very consistent food and friendly service. We stopped on a very cold, rainy night and just seeing the fire roaring and the lanterns lit on the tables made us feel at home. We both had a big breakfast and everything was exactly as it always is. After eating, I did my usual, (oh my gosh, I have to have this!). So, I walked away with a big bag of cute Valentine presents and a couple of things from the marked down after Christmas stuff!! I'm never disappointed, and this restaurant was no exception.

Visited January 2013