“Hmmmm...so I wonder what the kitchen looks like.”
Review of Steak 'n Shake

Steak 'n Shake
Ranked #148 of 197 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Ringgold, Georgia
“Hmmmm...so I wonder what the kitchen looks like.”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I took two of my grandchildren who were visiting from out of town to eat at Steak 'n Shake, upon their request. As we waited to be seated, I noticed the floors were very dirty, especially under the booths/tables. I also noticed a family who came in, were seated, then in a few moments, got up to leave the restaurant. When we were seated, I mentioned to the server that there was food/trash under our table. He proceeded to take our order, served our food, but, no attention was ever given to clean up under our table/feet. This same condition was seen throughout the restaurant. I didn't want to make a scene with my grandchildren, so, when we got up to leave, I mentioned the dirty conditions to the manager. He said that they were very busy, but, they weren't. I couldn't help but wonder what the kitchen looked like. I haven't returned there again.

Visited October 2013

Jackson, Mississippi
“Good Food”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Very good burgers and shakes. Reasonable prices and very consistent. We have eaten here several times on the way to and from vacation. Never disappointed. Much better than typical fast food chains.

• Visited August 2013
Talbott, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Burgers and even better prices.”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Had the Royale burger and fries today and couldn't believe the taste. It was great. Good milkshakes also! It was cheaper than eating off the value menu at McDonald's or Wendy's, and a lot better in quality and taste!

Visited August 2013
Fulton, Mississippi
“Fun time with friends.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Food was great, waitress was very good with our large group. We had two to get the 7 patty burger. We all enjoyed watching them eat them. Ha Only complaint: longer wait than expected.

Visited August 2013
Calgary
“What Happened”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Terrible service. Placed our order - got the order which was wrong - had finished eating before the shakes arrived and they only arrived because we went to the counter to ask where they were - ths was 45 minutes later. Hamburgers and fries were cold.

Service used to be good but Steak and Shake is in trouble if this continues!

Visited July 2013