“Nice hotel.”

Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Northwest
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I Stayed at this hotel for business. It was clean and well decorated. The only noise I heard were the other guests doors closing. They don't close quietly. I didn't particularly care for the breakfast. The bagels were hard as a rock. The coffee was good though! Had some difficulty finding the hotel in my GPS, called the hotel, it was a totally different address than what I had. No issues with the hotel, well appointed rooms, (No pen and paper in room) nice staff. There is a Longhorn restaurant In front of the hotel which was conveinant as this hotel doesn't have a restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Richie H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you so much. The "clean and well decorated" comment is most appreciated. We hope that you make this your home away from Ohio when you pass through. Be safe.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Northwest

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I am one who gets homesick easily. I can honestly say this is one of the honesty business hotels. From the decor to the staff to the lobby/breakfast area. It's been a pleasure! The room was perfectly clean and comfy. I couldn't ask for a better home away from home.

• Stayed: February 2014
Richie H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you for noticing the decor. It was custom work done by my wife and my mother. Many years of experience and stylistic differences came together to provide a unique, one of a kind look that sets our hotel apart. Your comment about "quiet" is another trait that we appreciate you mentioning. We added insulation and noise reduction materials to ensure that our guests get a good night's rest. We really appreciate you taking the time to review our property and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again very soon.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Recently stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for a business function. Everything was excellent, from the staff and service, to the comfort of the room and the conference room. Staff was courteous, knowledgeable and went above and beyond. Example was them providing us a coffee container with condiments each day of our stay, so we didn't have to walk out into the lobby (very nice touch). The conference room was big and clean. The staff was also available if we had any issues or concerns and would address any concerns immediately. In regards to the facilities, all rooms, bathrooms, main lobby, and elevators were clean and in working condition. My room was wonderful, with a comfy king sized bed, multiple pillows to choose from and all necessary amenities. Another great feature is the Longhorn Steakhouse within a 2 minute walk from the front entrance. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to any business traveler or anyone coming through the area.

Due to weather, I didn't use the pool, but it looked nice and clean.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was very nice on the back side. Only concern was heard the garbage truck/pick-up one morni...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Your words like "comfy and clean" are in line with the goals established for this hotel. Our desire is to have a locally owned and operated hotel, not a management group with no ties to the community. Therefore, when you mention that our staff is "available" for any needs our guest have, we celebrate our style of management. Being a single family owner, that lives in the community and manages the day to day operations gives our guests service that is unequaled in the area. Thank you so much for your kind words.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

The lobby and rooms were lovely - the tile work in the restroom was especially beautiful! Very friendly and prompt staff. The rooms, lobby and conference room were very clean and in good repair - I would recommend the hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

"The rooms were lovely" now that is a great word and compliment! Thank you so much for allowing us to host your group and serve your event. It is more than an honor and we look forward to you guys coming back very soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

This place is the epitome of what hotel service should be. I've been here on multiple occasions and can honestly say if they would've given the same service as the other visits that would've been enough for me, but they continue to go above and beyond the previous experience. No matter if it's being welcomed at the front desk or cleanliness in rooms or bathrooms, I can say that no much appreciated detail is missed. Thanks so much for making every visit easy and enjoyable. Looking forward to seeing you in the near future.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Richie H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for the overwhelming vote of confidence in our hotel. Your description and attention to detail is greatly appreciated. Thank you for noticing the little things that we, as a staff, work so hard to provide. I will pass this onto our staff whose only goal is to provide the BEST service in the area. Please come again very soon. God bless and protect you on your travels.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

From the second I walked into this particular property, to minute that I left, I was surrounded by the most decent, respectful, and competent people ever. The ladies in the morning for breakfast were fantastic. The coffee was great. The breakfast was great. The ladies were exceptional. I actually felt like I was home for these two weeks. Even when the snow came on the night of February 12, everyone was patient and pleasant. Super experience for me. All employees greeted me with a smile each and every time, the rooms were clean, and the bed was comfortable. Thank you Team, making my time away from home so enjoyable!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Richie H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

When a guest stays 2 weeks, chances are they see us at our best, but also at our worst. When you say; "Most Competent, Clean and Comfortable" those are some of the best compliments we can receive. "Great breakfast and Great coffee" Wow, what can we say! Thank you for taking the time to share and we hope you come back to see us very soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

A friend of ours told us to stop in Cleveland Tennessee on our drive from Florida to Ohio. She directed us to this Holiday Inn Inn Express. We were so glad she did. The king bed in our room was very comfortable. Quilted blankets. Extremely clean and modern. The bathrooms were spotless with granite counter tops. Everything was brand new. The breakfast was delicious -- warm cinnammon buns, bacon, pancakes,biscuits and gravy plus the usual breakfast fare. We had a slight problem with our online booking which the manager took care of promptly and graciously. Nearby restaurants from Panera to Longhorn Steakhouse made this ideal. Don't miss this stop on your drive south -- it will get you in the sunshine state mood. Or on the way back to Ohio -- it will cushion the return to cold weather reality.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Richie H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Wow, you are so kind. Thank you so much for your kind words. Our breakfast and bedding are definitely the best in the market and thank you for specifically mentioning that. Of course, we love to hear the word "clean" as well. Be safe and we look forward to your return.