“A GreatPlace To Stay, Very Clean And Affordable”

Wingate by Wyndham Cleveland
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersGold level
Salem, Virginia
“A GreatPlace To Stay, Very Clean And Affordable”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The Staff at the main desk was very professional, very polite. Was a very nice atmosphere when we walked in. The rooms were very clean, and cleaning staff was exceptional, made sure we had everything we needed for our stay there. The breakfast was very nice, hot and tasted very good. Would recommend this Hotel to everyone that is planning a trip and looking for somewhere to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Bobby H, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Cleveland, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your excellent review of our Wingate by Wyndham in Cleveland, Tennessee. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will have an opportunity to stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
BRISTOL
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The staff was very friendly..room was great very clean and comfortable location was close to where I needed to be ...even though the lady at the desk met me only once at check in she remembered my name ....I will stay there again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Bobby H, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Cleveland, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your excellent review of our Cleveland Wingate by Wyndham. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We do our best to get to know our returning guests...hope to see you again soon!
KINGS MOUNTAIN
Reviewed January 18, 2013

It was late when we checked in. Probably close to 10:45 or 11PM. The front desk girl did not know the basics of customer service (no greeting, just waited on us to talk), and was not knowledgeable as to the discount or what procedure to use for a Wyndham owner with a Gold VIP card. She even argued with us saying that card says Fairfield Resorts, not Wyndham! We ARE Wyndham owners that started out years ago as Fairfield owners before Wyndham bought it.

We had looked online to find decent lodging that night and Wingate by Wyndham was advertised for $84.00, which is what we expected to pay when we got there. We showed that to the clerk and she could not tell us why that price was showing because the room was $109.00. Finally after AAA we were charged $98.10 before taxes. Still not what we expected.

There were no other guests out or about at all. The girl was sort of behind a wall (or corner) talking with a young man that may have been coming in to work. She stayed back there talking to him and did not offer me any help (I was looking for the elevator as my husband was getting the luggage, and I'm certain I looked lost).

In the room there was water in the coffee maker. Who knows how long it had been there or what might be in with it. We wouldn't use it.

The room had an unpleasant odor. When I picked up the hand towel, the smell got worse. It had a really bad odor, but I cannot place exactly what the odor was (rotten smell). The bath towels smelled some but not as strong as the hand towels. In fact I washed my hands a second time after throwing the hand towel to the floor.

No, we did not complain at all. We were tired and just wanted to get to bed.
Altogether I am sorry to say this was not a pleasant experience or a pleasant stay for us.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you for your review of our hotel. All of our guests deserve the best in both service and accommodations. Therefore, we sincerely apologize for the situation you encountered on your recent stay. I assure you that our management team and appropriate department heads have already discussed your review so that we can improve the overall experience for all of our guests. We appreciate the candid remarks and the higher scores you gave us for our location, sleep quality, and room quality.