“Stay not worth the post-stay hassle”

Wingate by Wyndham Cleveland
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 3, 2012

On our drive to Mississippi, we stayed at the Wingate because of good reviews. It was okay, but nothing spectacular. Folllowing our stay we were innundated with calls from a vacation company related to Wingate. We could not get them to stop calling. Not worth it. I will definitely stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 2, 2012

We had rooms blocked off for our wedding here and my entire family loved their stay at the Wingate. The rooms were very nice and very clean. The manager let us use one of the meeting rooms to pick out songs for the ceremony. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was the perfect hotel for a rest. We were traveling from south Florida to Michigan and this was comfortable and roomy. We wanted a hotel that we didn't need to worry about cleanlyness and this was beyond clean. It seemed very new, not sure if it was. Bed was soft and so were the linens. We got in late but they still let our kids swim in the pool, this let them burn off some steam from sitting in the car all day. We highly recommend this hotel. It is pricey, but we a clean hotel. Feel free to message me any questions you might have about this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is a nice hotel. It is in a great location. The free breakfast is a nice touch. The only problem I saw was that the bathroom was extremely small for a suite. For a suite I could not believe how small the bathroom was.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed January 17, 2012

This was my first ever stay in a Wingate Hotel or any Wyndham property for that matter. The Comfort Inn next door attracted the bigger crowds off of I-75, but I prefer the less crowded locations anyways. A decent hotel by any measure. I spend most of my time in HI Expresses and this Wingate ranks probably as good as, if not better than about 50% of those that I've stayed at. So kind of middle of the pack.

The staff here is very friendly. Housekeeping does a good job taking care of the rooms and common areas. The breakfast selection is a little on the light side, but it's acceptable. Seating in the breakfast area was never an issue as occupancy during my stay here was on the light side even on the weekends. The gym is a little small, but the equipment is good and that's all that really matters to me. The doors and walls are slighly on the thin side, but I can't really say I was ever bothered because of outside noise. Even with my room being outside the elevator, unlike other locations, noise was mostly minimal. The beds are nice and I had no trouble sleeping whatsoever.

The rooms have a refrigerator and microwave which is a must for me. Housekeeping sticks around late enough in the afternoon to take care of any needs even though a couple of times I never woke up until several hours later after working a nightshift. There are no restaurants nearby, but on the other side of I-75 going into town there's pretty much anything you'd need.

All in all a good 4 out of 5.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We arrived at 5:30 PM after traveling 9 hours. The front desk staff that night was gracious and extremely personable. With so few guests, he let us know when the fitness center and hot tub closed but told us we could be there a little longer (we respected that) My wife and I left for ice cream and upon return, he was relaxing at the tv and the minute we walked in, he got up to greet us and we told him to enjoy, it was Christmas Eve.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I spent one night here when I was in town for a corporate meeting. The staff here are very welcoming and accomodating. The room was very roomy and clean! My only cpmplaint was not being able to get a smoking room! Will be returning to Cleveland but will most likely stay where smokers are allowed!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business