“Nice Place”

GreenLeadersGold level
Lake City, Florida
“Nice Place”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

This was my first ever stay in a Wingate Hotel or any Wyndham property for that matter. The Comfort Inn next door attracted the bigger crowds off of I-75, but I prefer the less crowded locations anyways. A decent hotel by any measure. I spend most of my time in HI Expresses and this Wingate ranks probably as good as, if not better than about 50% of those that I've stayed at. So kind of middle of the pack.

The staff here is very friendly. Housekeeping does a good job taking care of the rooms and common areas. The breakfast selection is a little on the light side, but it's acceptable. Seating in the breakfast area was never an issue as occupancy during my stay here was on the light side even on the weekends. The gym is a little small, but the equipment is good and that's all that really matters to me. The doors and walls are slighly on the thin side, but I can't really say I was ever bothered because of outside noise. Even with my room being outside the elevator, unlike other locations, noise was mostly minimal. The beds are nice and I had no trouble sleeping whatsoever.

The rooms have a refrigerator and microwave which is a must for me. Housekeeping sticks around late enough in the afternoon to take care of any needs even though a couple of times I never woke up until several hours later after working a nightshift. There are no restaurants nearby, but on the other side of I-75 going into town there's pretty much anything you'd need.

All in all a good 4 out of 5.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We arrived at 5:30 PM after traveling 9 hours. The front desk staff that night was gracious and extremely personable. With so few guests, he let us know when the fitness center and hot tub closed but told us we could be there a little longer (we respected that) My wife and I left for ice cream and upon return, he was relaxing at the tv and the minute we walked in, he got up to greet us and we told him to enjoy, it was Christmas Eve.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Forest City, North Carolina
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I spent one night here when I was in town for a corporate meeting. The staff here are very welcoming and accomodating. The room was very roomy and clean! My only cpmplaint was not being able to get a smoking room! Will be returning to Cleveland but will most likely stay where smokers are allowed!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Lewisburg, Tennessee
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Because of a new job, my husband stayed at the Wingate for approx. 6 months on and off because of traveling. When in Cleveland, he was home at the Wingate Mon.- Thurs. and his other home on the weekend. I was able to travel with him a few times. I was always pleased with the helpfulness and kindness of the staff. There was always somebody at the desk ready to answer questions or just to make a friendly comment. The rooms were clean and well maintained. They had a nice breakfast selection. Their exercise room was clean and well maintained as was their pool. We have recommended this hotel to several other business acquaintances.

Room Tip: The rooms on the opposite side of the interstate have wonderful views.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Brenda N
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Wonderful hotel.

Clean Clean Clean.
Great desk service.
Easy off/on Interstate 75.
Great breakfast.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Room very large. Had fridge, microwave, coffee pot, hairdryer and free breakfast. Clean, bed very comfortable. MP3 player clock. Shower had very good water pressure. Bathroom small but clean. Wake up call was from a "real" person - that was a nice touch in this crazy automated world. Motel was not within walking distance from anything but was very quite and relaxing. A little hard to find - you could see it from I-75 but once you got off at exit it was hard to find. When you got off at exit you could turn right or left and there was no sign which way to turn so of course I turned the wrong way. I finally found it. That is the only negative. Need better signage.

Room Tip: Ask for King size bed.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Calgary
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Have stayed here numerous times. Clean, comfortable. This time, however, there were a few issues. After checking in, it was discovered that the safe in our room would not program and had to be fixed, a light bulb was burned out in our floor lamp, after being out all day our room was not cleaned, other times the shampoo was not replinished, ice bucket was not emptied and a dirty glass was not replaced with a clean one in the bathroom.

All in all a good place to stay. They do take care of any issues you may have quickly.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family