“If you hate Air Conditioning this is the Hotel for you...”
Review of Super 8 Cleveland

Super 8 Cleveland
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is the first time I have ever been prompted to write a negative review so please understand that this was a miserable experience. I travel a lot in my line of work and have become a rewards member with the Wyndham hotel Group. This weekend I decided to use some of my points to get a hotel room for my wife and I.

When we arrived at the hotel we were told that the room that they had reserved for us was a "special room" and that I was going to have to pay an extra $15 per night. I wanted to give my wife a nice weekend so I agreed to the add on charge. The first sign of trouble came when I went to the room and the electronic door lock didn’t work at all. I had to go back to the office twice before the night manager had to let us in with a key, and told us they would look at it in the morning. We went into the room and were instantly hit by the heat in the room. I messed with the AC for about 15 minutes before contacting the front desk. The fan was making noise but there was no cool or draft. We also discovered that the "Special room " was in very poor shape and dirty. The remote control was dead and there was gum stuck to the wall right next to the thermostat. The manager told us there was nothing he could do until the morning. Our room was 75+ degrees all night. It was very hard to sleep.

The next day I spoke with the Owner/Manager and expressed my concerns and disappointment with the way they had handled this situation. He argued back and forth with me blaming the Wyndham group for giving me that room and after it all I requested a different room. I would have lost all of my points for the 2nd day if I had changed hotels then. I decided to give them a second chance. The second room we had was nice and wasn't as hot as the first one when we got in the room. When we got back from our day out the room was 75 degrees and did not drop below that throughout the night. We ended up getting a floor fan and putting it in our room to keep us cooler. It was horrible. The next day we just surrendered and moved to another hotel. The breakfast was almost nonexistent as well by the way.

This owner strikes me as the type of owner who tries to do as little as possible to keep his building up and running so that the profits are as high as they can be at the detriment of the quality of service provided to the customers. Please learn from our experience and avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 13, 2013

My room was comfortable and very basic. The staff was polite and friendly. Breakfast of waffles, bagels, pastries, yoghurt, some fruit, cereal, juice and coffee. It was fine for a short stay with no frills.

Close proximity to dining and shopping.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Reviewed March 13, 2013

The property was clean and the staff was friendly. The the room had all the necessary amenities. The air worked great and the bed was clean and comfortable. A quality experience for me. I would recommend for all looking for a reasonably priced clean and safe And of course don't forget the free breakfast..