“A great place to stay while traveling with pets and a trailer”

Baymont Inn & Suites Cleveland
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Cleveland
Pinellas Park, Florida
“A great place to stay while traveling with pets and a trailer”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stay in the Cleveland, TN area when traveling between Florida and Canada every 6 months. We travel with pets and a cargo trailer.

We have stayed at many motels in the area that accepts pets. This is by far the best in the area.

The room was very clean and smelled clean. I am a smoker, but I hate staying in a motel room that smells of smoke. All the furnishings, including the carpet, were in almost new condition.

The paved parking has limited space for large trailers. If you are pulling a small trailer all the parking spots in the back unit will accomadate your vehicle and trailer without unhitching. There is a field with a small curb that you could park larger trailers if there was no other parking spots available.

There are good restaurants close by for either eat-in or take-out.

This is the place we will stop at on our way back to Florida in the fall.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Nancy C, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Cleveland, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear guest,

We are so happy you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we thank you for taking the time to let others know by submitting your positive review. Having you stay with us is always our pleasure and we hope to have you back in the near future,

Nancy Coker, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
California
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband, youngest daughter and I spent 3 nights at this motel for a college campus tour nearby. We drove from New Jersey and checked in at 11 p.m. Our room (200) was a smoking room, although we are not smokers, and upon entering the "clean" room the smell was bad. We were on a budget so we were not looking for a high end hotel, and I knew what to expect when I booked this room. The room had the standard double beds with a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron and board, a flat screen t.v., etc.
The cleanliness of the room left a lot to be desired. The carpet was dirty, lampshade was more than covered with dust, and the bath tub had cobwebs...yes, cobwebs. We spent 3 nights there and not once were those cobwebs knocked down. Not once was the tub cleaned with detergent or even as much as rinsed out. The housekeeper would just replenish our dirty towels, put the shower curtain up, and call it a day. Our linen was not changed, but that's typical of low budget motels. My daughter had an accident during the night, and I made sure to strip the bed and put the blood stained linen on the floor to let the housekeeper know that we wanted clean linen, including a blanket. We couldn't have our curtains open because of privacy issues. The room was a bit on the small size and I'm glad we didn't spend too much time there, otherwise we would've gone crazy with how small it was.
Check in was a breeze, and breakfast was a typical continental breakfast. It's by no means a gourmet breakfast buffet and the only "hot" item is the hot coffee/tea and waffles that the customer can prepare on the waffle maker. There's an outside swimming pool that no one was using, and of course, that's due to the weather not being hot.
We checked out on Sunday at a bit after 4 a.m. and the lobby was closed. We had to ring a bell at the window and the front desk lady helped us with our check out. She was very friendly and I tried so hard not to laugh at her accent.
This place is located next to Kmart, and to many other eating places, plus a shopping mall and my husband actually walked to Kmart to buy shaving razors. Because I knew what to expect I wasn't disappointed and maybe when my daughter starts her studies at Lee University I will once again book a room at Baymont.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Nancy C, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Cleveland, responded to this review, June 20, 2016
Hello Nereida.

Thank you for reviewing our Baymont Inn and Suites.

I am so sorry to hear your stay with us wasn't the best and I do apologize. A lot has changed here in the past three years. I can assure you that our staff will always do everything we can in order to get you a room that meets your needs and is clean.

I would like to invite you to come back to our location and allow us to have a second chance to improve your experience. When you come back, if you ever need anything, please call someone at guest services and we will bring it to you!