“Relaxing Stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I travel often to Chattanooga and always looking for nice places to stay. This trip, I didn't stay in Chattanooga but instead stayed in Cleveland on my way home. I arrived very late in the night, but Fawn, the clerk on duty,was watching for me and was very welcoming and cheerful. She got me checked in quickly and to my room. The room was beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. It was a shame I was only there for the one night.

I was late arriving for breakfast, but it was still fully stocked with an employee keeping everything clean and tidy. I love the self serve waffles, and they had a surprise I hadn't seen in other hotels--a blueberry batter along with the plain batter. The blueberry waffle was a nice treat!

This is definitely a hotel I would stay in again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank PattyO127

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Very clean rooms. Very helpful staff, but very flat pillows. Centrally located to food, gas, and the interstate. Close enough to Atlanta to not actually be in Atlanta. All in all good night's sleep. Come for the comfy beds but bring your own pillows.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The Wi fi never worked. Shower curtain had mold and mildew all over the bottom, about a foot deep. The sheets had hairs all over them. Top and bottom sheets had same kind of hairs on them. I called the front desk to bring me clean sheets and pillowcases. The supervisor over housekeeping came up and changed the sheets and pillowcases. He told us that when the sheets come out of the dryer, they sometimes have hairs on them. He was very nice. It was a very nice suite, and was very cean, otherwise. All the employees were very nice. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sharon m m
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The room looks renovated, but AC unit is old and noisy. More over, I was woke up by neighbors at 05:30 am. I heard as they were walking and turning on tap water. The walls/ceilings are not soundproofed at all.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Vinay M, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Vinay Mistry
Comfort Inn & Suites, Cleveland

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This Comfort Inn and Suites was a nice place to stay....for a Comfort Inn. When I see a "suites" designation, I always have a "higher" expectation of a motel. Unfortunately, this was the case with this motel. It was very acceptable as a place to stay overnight where I met my brother and his wife for a short get together. The room was accommodating enough, however, the wireless internet was never attainable as I'm guessing the signal was too weak to hook up to. In fact, my sister-in-law just used the nearby Wyndham's signal instead and had more success with it.

The breakfast was somewhat lacking in that it only had waffles and biscuits and gravy along with the sundry assortment of pastries, toast, and cereal; along with coffee and orange juice. Eggs and a meat, bacon or sausage would have been a nice touch....but then again, that's what I would expect from a designation of "suites" on the name.

It is my understanding that Choice Hotels is working on upgrading their image to match Holiday Inn Express and Hampton. Thus far it appears they've only changed their names. They've not required their franchisees to upgrade their locations and amenities.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jerry M
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed 4 nights, and we had a very comfortable stay. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was clean, and the location was quiet, not bad at all for the price we paid. We would stay there again if needed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stopped here to spend the night on my way to Knoxville. I didn't have a reservation but was able to get a room, #325. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and efficient. Most of the room was fine. The comforter had what looked like dried babyfood on it and was stained in several places. I threw it on the floor right away. The white sheers had 3 very dark stains on them. Other than that the room was clean, carpet new looking, paint was in good shape. Bowl sink a nice touch and bath area clean. Bedding was comfortable and I had a good nights rest. Went to breakfast next morning and it was absolutely full to capacity. Began getting my meal and looked around for a table and there wasn't one. The lady restocking the breakfast items seemed flustered due to so many people being there. While she wasn't overly friendly she did suggest there was a room down the hall I could take my food to to eat if a table didn't come available. I finally did gete a table and while there observed one of the breakfast restocking ladies helping a customer take their food to the other area. She seemed very pleasant. As I checked out I told the front desk lady (different from last night) that they might want to wash the comforter and curtains. I'm not one to complain but the next one who gets that room may. She seemed all excited as she told me they were waiting on new bedding to arrive and that it should come in next week. To myself I thought, you need to wash the comforter and curtains now before anyone one else stays in that room. Doesn't matter if new bedding is coming next week. All in all it was an adequate stay. I might stay here again but would be more likely to try one of the other places to stay next time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo