“Extended our stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were originally scheduled for only one night at this hotel because we planned to drive a couple of hours during the evening before stopping. The hotel was so nice we decided to just stay two nights and get an early start the next day.

The room was clean and the staff was very helpful. When we added our second night, they were able to arrange for us to remain in the same room. This required them to rearrange the schedule for people who had not yet checked in.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This hotel looks good from the outside but don't bee fooled! The first room they put me in smelled and it looked as the ceiling was going to fall in due to obvious water leaks from the room above. The worst patch job ever! The comforter on the bed was stained and just down right nasty! Also looked as if as previous guest had gone wild and marked up the walls. There was no grill on the air conditioner and the header over the window has hanging off one end. No ironing board was in the room so I called the desk and requested one. They brought one with a shredded ratty cover on it! I showed the desk person all that I was seeing in this room and she asked me if I wanted another room to which I said "yes" so off to the next room I went. This room was a suite and was better, however, it had its water damage on the ceiling as was and again it was a horrible patch job. This room had 2 air conditioners but the one in bedroom stopped working about the time I was ready to crawl into bed. It was late and I was to tired to complain about it. I will never stay here again!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Timothy C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us here at Comfort Inn & Suites in Cleveland, TN. We are sorry for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay. We do strive on providing our guest with clean rooms and excellent customer service. There have been many upgrades done the this property this year including new carpets, new bathrooms, new fitness room equipment, etc. So, we do take our guest experiences very seriously and continue to improve our property each day.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

i recently stayed at this location for mothers day weekend.i had 2 rooms reserved for my employee rate and we had a wonderful time !! i did have 1 issue but i will be contacting the hotel directly for that . other than that the breakfast was good ( we only ate 1 day of it .. over slept lol) i will say that brenda was wonderful at check in and check out as well as very helpful.
we will be back to stay when we come next month !!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have been staying at this motel for at least 10 years (many of the yrs were when it was a Baymont). I have also been a Choice Priviledges member for many yrs and over all have enjoyed my stays at Choice Motels. We checked in evening of May 7, 2013. We had requested a non-smoking room with two queen beds. We were assigned room 105 on first floor. This entiire floor reaked of smoke oder, esp the room. Upon entering the room we noticed the security lock was broken. Told clerk Brenda and she told us first floor was no smoking and a guest must have smoked and offered us a different room (actually a suite with pull out sofa). We looked at the room and it seemed ok and moved our luggage to room 102. Still a faint oder of smoke but the entire floor has strong odor of smoke the three days/2 nights we were there). Note that on many previous visits to this motel we had never experienced any problems esp this sort of problem. After unpacking my wife noticed the towels in the bath were wet and a sizeable hole in the ceiling of the bath. Informed Brenda and she exchanged the towels and gave us some extra towels, etc.
Brenda, at this time, was very helpful and seemed concerned. Next morning at breakfast the worker in the kitchen was upset that the worker the previous day didn't leave adequate supplies and one of the waffle makers was out of service. Hearing the gripeing while eating wasn't good for digestion, but the food was pretty good and kitchen was clean. AFTER BREAKFAST, upon arriving at the room, I noticed there was no peeper installed in the peep hole and could see my wife, undressed, thru the large hole in the door. ANYONE by just passing by could also see her.
I immediately went to the front desk and informed Brenda and the manager who happened to be there. Neither of them seemed concerned and only stated it would be repaired that afternoon.. This was very upsetting as we have no idea how many other guests and/or employees saw her or any of us dressed or undressed. Upon returning to our room the evening of May 8 first thing we noticed was that the peep hole was still not repaired and anyone could look in and I went to desk clerk, Gail, who seemed very concerned and apologized and had not idea why it wasn't fixed. Upon returning to the room my daughter was very upset because when she turned on the shower water was literally spraying comletely all over the bath from the ceiling and water was even spraying into the light causing sizzling noises. I went back to front desk and Gail actually came back to room with me and seemed about as upset as we were about this extremely dangerous situation and offered to move us to another room. We discusse this and as it was past 10pm and were were tired we told Gail we would just skip the shower. Both my wife and daughter are dis-abled and I am 68 yra old and was just to much to have to repack, move and unpack again. On the moring of May 9 I went back to front desk and Brenda was on duty and the maintenance man was there with her. I explained to her that the peep hole still wasn't repaired and explained to her and the maintenance man the problem with the shower. At this point Brenda became very rude and made me feel that I was expecting too much to expect these problems to be resolved. Mainenance man tried to convence me that the water spraying up into the light fixture wasn't dangerous, let alone everything getting wet in the bath room when the shower was turned shouldn't be a problem. You know, one might expect this type of service at some of the lower priced motels but I have been staying many years at motels/hotels from Miami to Boston, from Charleston to Los Angeles, Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Jamaica, Bahamas and about 35-40 of the states, and never never been treated with the rudeness and problems I experienced at this motel on this visit. If I had had the time, I would have called the news media to meet me and see the conditions and service I was experiencing. I asked Brenda for an adjustment to my bill and she said since they had offered the another room (we had to move once before because room had smell of smoke and a broken security lock) there was nothing she would do and again was very rude about it. Maintenance man even made this comment "Oh Bless His Holy Name" to inflict more salt to our wounds.
About this time the assistant Manager, Chris, stepped in and seemed very concerned and even went with me to check out both rooms and agreed that we had legitimate complaints and stated he was "so sorry" about out bad experience. He was very pleasant and professional in his treatment of us regarding this matter. Please think long and hard before straying at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Cleveland till management takes action to correct the many problems there and properly trains some of his employees how to treat their guests. And I think he should start with hmself by showing more concern when a guest has a legitimate problem and complaint.

Room Tip: If you are a non smoker, avoid the Comfort Inns and Suites in Cleveland, Tn. The non-smoking rooms a...
3  Thank jerdipoo
Timothy C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Tim Cowan
GM

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed for the night, just passing through. We hadn't checked reviews,... so had no idea what we might get, but didn't have time to be fussy. Conveniently located near the highway, lots of parking we pulled in hoping for decent. What we got was a pleasant surprise - service was friendly, price was reasonable, room clean & spacious, TV, lights, outlets,... all in working order. The only reason I can't rate it excellent, is the breakfast - sausage sort of rubbery, eggs kind of watery and they ran out of bagels even though we were there less than an hour into their 2 hour breakfast time frame.

Room Tip: Many places are set up this way, just be aware the sink is in the main room rather than the bathroom...
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Nice hotel a little out of the way, but right off I 75. The suites are a little strange with just a TV, sofa bed, and coffee table in a smallish room, but they are reasonably priced and good for a family situation. Bed, decor, water pressure, cleanliness etc. were all at a very high standard for a Comfort hotel. The staff are very friendly, professional, and accomodating.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The staff was very friendly. The room was clean, but a bit on the small side. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were terrible. When I complained about the pillows, the manager explained that they had recently been cleaned out and they had more on order. I can understand that. Stuff happens.

The motel seemed quiet, but that may be because it appears to be a motel favored by the elderly. If you want a quiet stay, this might be your place; at least in April, that is. The elderly migrate in April.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business