“My Econo Lodge Family”

Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Cleveland
Cleveland
“My Econo Lodge Family”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I've been staying at Econo Lodge for several months. I love the staff and the property itself.

It was probably built in the early 80's. (my guess) It's well maintained and the staff have become like family. I could stay anywhere but I choose this property because of the staff. I kid you not, the sweet housekeeper gives me hugs after she cleans my room. What more can you ask for?

I highly reccomend this property.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Chipley, Florida
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I checked into econo lodge on 7-4-13 and checked out on 8-9-13 this was our 2nd trip back to this hotel,the first stay was fabulous so since we had enjoyed the stay we went back.a week after being there the network for their wifi had stoped working,after over a month staying on the phone with their techs and my personal vir protecters techs 2 computer clean outs cause i was led to believe it was my computer i paid 189.00 to have it cleaned then there was still issues with the network my room wasnt cleaned by the hotel house keepers not 1 time while i was there because my husband worked nights and i was informed that they wouldnt clean a rm after 2pm i washed my own sheets and towels had to buy wash clothes and asking for a change of linens was like pulling teeth.it literally took me 4hrs to get a roll of tissue I was paying 451.27 every week for just a bed nothing else.the night clerk opened 2 accounts in my name to cheat me out of my choice priv points and thought this was funny and when i found this out i contacted customer relations to complain for his fraudulent behavior I was instructed by them that if the manager didnt contact me with in 72hrs of filing this complaint to call them back and they would assist me further they did not passed the buck and said id have to contact the hotel manager pete patel and work it out with him he did contact me and would not let me speak to him he cut me off he wouldnt let me explain the nature of the complaint and then finally he listened long enough to tell me I owed him money because my dog had messed up his motel rm floor which was another lie my dog is housebroken and then after i got off the phone with him and listened to him scream and over talk me for 7mins and 31 secs which conversation was recorded and pics were taken of the motel rm befor I left because i do my homework as everyone who reads my reviews knows customer relations offered me a free nights stay..I dont think so this man owes me 1,293.96 so if this is a hotel you want to stay at and be lied to and on go ahead and let them take advantage of you as well...I believe in cleaniness and I was took for alot of money had to deal with [--] after a week and we stayed a month if you want to stay here and have your information stolen and lies told on you be my guest..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank leah g

Travelers are raving about these Cleveland hotels

Shelbyville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night and we will not stay there again. While waiting for the room to cool off, we went to the pool, which was very dirty. The A/C did not work properly and continuously cut on and off during the night. We stayed in July with the temps in the 90's. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa B
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Very tired from traveling from Florida bank to Ohio we stopped here. Room looked like it had new carpet and was very clean. No weird smells or bugs like in previous posts. Value was pretty good even though we were here in July 4 th. Make your own waffles were good so was coffee. I would stay again

• Stayed July 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed here in mid-January and couldn't believe the exceptional VALUE i got. The rooms were very clean and well kept. I also really liked the bedding they chose for the rooms, it really ties everything together and makes it look a bit more special rather than just bland (like alot of other hotels do). This hotel was conveniently located next to food and fuel so i didn't have to climb back into that dreary car after being in it all day long. The Front Desk associate was also very sweet and helped us in every way. I would deffinatly recommend all of my friends and family to stay here. Oh, and the breakfast there was... AMAZING!! This was not our everyday "economy" hotel. Way Nicer than others we have stayed at previously. So If you are looking for a true "value" in Cleveland TN, come here :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda C
Wheeling, West Virginia
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My wife and I planned an overnight here on August 28th on a drive north from New Orleans. We arrived about 4 PM, unpacked, put food in fridge, and started charging our laptops. It was not the greatest room, and the bathroom was weird (cavernous - perhaps improvised from some other use) but we were tired and decided to make the best of it. After about a half hour of relaxing on bed, I decided to get more comfortable and pulled back the bedspread and blanket. YUCK! Tiny red pinhead sized bug crawling slowly across the sheet. My wife commented "Oh, I noticed a couple of little black bugs on the bathroom floor, too". That was it. We were outta there. Repacked and registered our dismay at the front desk. We were offered only a 50% refund because we had been there a total of two hours while we unpacked, found the bugs, and repacked. I am asking my credit card company to contest even that charge. We got back on the highway, and though tired, and drove further on up the road to Knoxville, where we found a very pleasant Comfort Inn. I've stayed in a half dozen EconoLodge's in recent years. They're no frills, but some are quite nice, scenically located, and a real value. This one is NOT. It's on a busy highway, unpleasant looking, and buggy. Avoid it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ganeshaka
Euclid, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was just here last night (7/23/2012)with my family. We needed a quick place to stop and rest before finishing our long journey home to Ohio from Florida. They were very accommodating when it came to booking the room on short notice, even putting my brother in law right next to us. However, upon checking in, the rooms had a horrible stale smell. They were very dusty as if they hadn't been dusted in years. When you clean a room you are to clean every part. Because your customers will check every thing. Most importantly room 154 had BED BUGS!!!! It came crawling out from hiding right up the wall while I had my 5 and 4 year old sleeping in the bed next to it! They did return my fees but it doesn't take away from the fact there were bed bugs in the room!!! When I went to the front desk one of the workers wanted to argue with me about whether or not it was a bed bug or a fly. Lesson of the day always check thoroughly to make sure there are no secret uninvited guests staying on your dime before you pay!

Room Tip: Always ask if you can see the room before paying for it. If they are a replicable hotel and care abo...