“Great Room with a Great Price”

EconoLodge - Cleveland
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed here in mid-January and couldn't believe the exceptional VALUE i got. The rooms were very clean and well kept. I also really liked the bedding they chose for the rooms, it really ties everything together and makes it look a bit more special rather than just bland (like alot of other hotels do). This hotel was conveniently located next to food and fuel so i didn't have to climb back into that dreary car after being in it all day long. The Front Desk associate was also very sweet and helped us in every way. I would deffinatly recommend all of my friends and family to stay here. Oh, and the breakfast there was... AMAZING!! This was not our everyday "economy" hotel. Way Nicer than others we have stayed at previously. So If you are looking for a true "value" in Cleveland TN, come here :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda C

Reviewed September 3, 2012

My wife and I planned an overnight here on August 28th on a drive north from New Orleans. We arrived about 4 PM, unpacked, put food in fridge, and started charging our laptops. It was not the greatest room, and the bathroom was weird (cavernous - perhaps improvised from some other use) but we were tired and decided to make the best of it. After about a half hour of relaxing on bed, I decided to get more comfortable and pulled back the bedspread and blanket. YUCK! Tiny red pinhead sized bug crawling slowly across the sheet. My wife commented "Oh, I noticed a couple of little black bugs on the bathroom floor, too". That was it. We were outta there. Repacked and registered our dismay at the front desk. We were offered only a 50% refund because we had been there a total of two hours while we unpacked, found the bugs, and repacked. I am asking my credit card company to contest even that charge. We got back on the highway, and though tired, and drove further on up the road to Knoxville, where we found a very pleasant Comfort Inn. I've stayed in a half dozen EconoLodge's in recent years. They're no frills, but some are quite nice, scenically located, and a real value. This one is NOT. It's on a busy highway, unpleasant looking, and buggy. Avoid it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ganeshaka
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was just here last night (7/23/2012)with my family. We needed a quick place to stop and rest before finishing our long journey home to Ohio from Florida. They were very accommodating when it came to booking the room on short notice, even putting my brother in law right next to us. However, upon checking in, the rooms had a horrible stale smell. They were very dusty as if they hadn't been dusted in years. When you clean a room you are to clean every part. Because your customers will check every thing. Most importantly room 154 had BED BUGS!!!! It came crawling out from hiding right up the wall while I had my 5 and 4 year old sleeping in the bed next to it! They did return my fees but it doesn't take away from the fact there were bed bugs in the room!!! When I went to the front desk one of the workers wanted to argue with me about whether or not it was a bed bug or a fly. Lesson of the day always check thoroughly to make sure there are no secret uninvited guests staying on your dime before you pay!

Room Tip: Always ask if you can see the room before paying for it. If they are a replicable hotel and care abo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank TanishaSalary
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was a bit concerned at first because there seemed to be some confusion about rates. However, in the end, the rate was very reasonable for a clean and comfortable room. We had a hot shower, good rest, adequate breakfast. There was a fan and a window in the bathroom which is not always present in hotels these days.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Very clean room with new furnishings and the bath and sink updated. This is not the Hilton so don't judge like that. It had a comfortable bed and the breakfast was fine. For the price you get alot..

Room Tip: We had Room 151, no smoking. I don't know if all the rooms have been remodeled.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2012

a very kind motel.. clean, comfort, and smiley staff, i was there for my holiday when i was still work in cherokee north carolina.

Room Tip: top floor is always better
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Stayed here over night. There was a slight musty smell in the room, and no offense to short people, but the shower head was so low I had to duck down to get my head wet. I'm 5'4" (funny). It was okay though. It served it's purpose well, sleep & shower.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family