“Hit and Miss”

Shane's Rib Shack
Ranked #27 of 199 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: With a Rustic BBQ House in the inside, a huge color explosion of fun and relaxation will make any day a happy one. Great detail to service and clean service environment is a welcome to any family. Come out and join us if you want a fast casual experience that will take the stress away from your day.
Reviewed November 1, 2013

The pulled pork is always good, but ther ribs are undercooked on occasion so I don't recommend those at this location

Shanes C, Owner at Shane's Rib Shack, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

First of all i would like to apologize about your experience with our ribs. We take every measure to make sure that they are cooked to an internal temperature of 165. I would like to send you a voucher to give them another shot. Please send an email to Shanes188@gmail.com so that I may do that for you. Thanks for the great feedback and we will continue to make improvements in sending out great food.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I wanted ribs..and they were good, but not great. once they arrived on the table i had to put my own bbq sause on them. they have several on the table to choose...my pick was labled Sweet and Gooey. it was tasty. but i perfer to have my ribs basting in there own sauce for hours for the flavor to seep in. my other grip wass that everything on the menu was Al La Carte. who does that?? i paid 13.00 bucks for ribs and got nothing else. i expected baked bean and veggie for that price!

Shanes C, Owner at Shane's Rib Shack, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for your great feedback. We do have some plate options that are available with ribs. I will make sure to go over that with my staff so they are offering that to everyone. Thanks for your feedback again.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We expected great things from the reviews we had read but we were disappointed. The portions were small and the food just wasn't that great.

theonepointe, Owner at Shane's Rib Shack, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Hi Diane,

I apologize for your experience at the restaurant. I constantly look for ways to make our food and portions better. My name is Michael and I am the local owner of Shane's. Please feel free to email me about what we could do better here so that I can make it better for everyone. (sturonllc@gmail.com) Thank you for your feedback. We cannot get better unless we hear from our customers.

Michael

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Had a full rack of ribs. Really meaty. Sauce in the area is rather thin for my liking. Good thing is they are right across from the Hampton Inn

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We ate here on a trip recently and the service and food were both horrible. First, the place was empty during lunch hour last Tuesday while nearby restaurants were busy. We should have followed the crowds.The server behind the counter was engaged in conversation and was actually annoyed we were bothering her to place our orders.No smiles, no greeting-just an annoyed look. We waited 15-20 minutes(the place was empty) for our pork to come out which had obviously been sitting under a lamp somewhere.

Stay away from this place. Unemployment is near 10% in this region and the owner does not have the acumen to hire employees who will take their job seriously? We now know why this place was empty during lunch hour.