“Horrible Service and accomodations”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland, TN
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed June 12, 2012

When I checked in the manager watched me unload my car, lets just say creepy. There is one bar of soap for the shower and for our hands...facial soap not even body soap. There is one outlet for the microwave and the fridge which shocks you when changing plugs. When I went to breakfast they kicked me out even though I was done eating and was just reading a book while sitting at the table. They were rude to me the entire time I was at breakfast constantly asking me what room I was staying in and who I knew.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland, TN

Reviewed April 10, 2012

I was in town to visit my daughter at Lee University and stayed for 3 nights. The rooms was clean and the stay was enjoyable. I originally booked for 4 nights but needed to head out earlier. I let the management know in advance and it wasn't a problem. Got good rest, and it was everything I expected.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Stopped here on our way to Florida. We picked up a coupon booklet at one of the rest areas. Our room total was $57.32 including tax for a king size bed.

I must admit that we did not have any of the problems that previous reviewers mentioned. All we wanted was to sleep for several hours and get up and get back on the road.

This motel served its purpose. It is not fancy by any means.

T

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Stayed here once when my house was being worked on...
We were able to book online, but once we showed up they began to raise a total stink about hosting locals. Apparently they were afraid that we were there to party. I should not that my party included a small child and a grandparent, hardly the profile for a partying group.

After checking out the next morning I discovered my Visa had been charged an extra $100 for supposed smoking in the room. Nobody in the group smokes, and nobody was left alone in the room anyways. They refused to remove the charge and even threatened another $200 charge if we pursued a complaint.

Stay here at your own risk.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank alyasgrey
Reviewed August 7, 2011

In a nutshell, I booked a non smoking room for three nights over the phone. I confirmed several times that I was being booked in a non-smoking room as they offer both. The gentleman did not speak very good English hence I wanted to make sure he booked me in the right room. I received my email notification 12 hours later. My reservation was booked as smoking. I called to have the mistake corrected. The response I got was we are sorry but there is nothing they can do. I asked for my money back and cancel my reservations. They said they could not refund me my money but could cancel my reservations. The fight was on!!! I got nothing but the run around and lies from the front desk ( two Asian speaking people who I think were the owners). The situation almost became comical. They even admitted it was there mistake. I had to laugh when the lady got upset at me for calling back several times to try and resolve the issue. In the end I called cooperate office twice to assist. I called my credit card company to help with the situation and I called the president of the hotel association for that area. After numerous calls and holding on the phone( 2 hours of my time), remarkably a non smoking room had just come available due to a cancellation. Ok sure! I stayed there, but will never again. Don't take the chance and get rooked. You will have to fight to get what you want if you are wronged.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BRtravel3
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Our family stayed here returning to Georgia from Washington,DC during a horrible heat wave. When we booked our room, it was a smoking room. It was okay, but nothing special., typical Ramada Inn room. I noticed some evidence of roach infestation, but never saw a bug in the room, but when I got home there was a bug in my purse.
When we arrived to the room there was a notice that basically stated if you took towels, bedspreads or whatever from the room, they would charge you for the items you took. no problem, I had no intentions of stealing anything from their room. We had to ask the manager for our ashtrays. After we went to dinner and came back, the room was sweltering. The a/c was running, but not cooling. They had to move us to another room which was a non smoking room. No problem here either, we agreed to step outside to smoke. When we arrived back home to check our bank statement, the hotel had taken another $300.00 out of our account. When my husband called to inquire about it, they said it was for "smoking in the room" and would not refund our money. THEFT. plain and simple! Do not stay here. They are crooks.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank LizaKirklandmarshall
Reviewed March 17, 2011

checked in by very nice asian man. it was around 1 or 2 a.m. twenty minutes later my daughter and I ran out with all our stuff and put it the car. This place is dirty and did not smell good but I was too tired to care, but when I saw one of the largest cockroaches ever, I had to check out. The woman behind the desk was yelling that these were not cockroaches but "waterbugs" either way I do lnot want to sleep with them. She said you are NOT getting your money back! I left while she was yelling some other indiscernable words. I would rather sleep in my car than go to lthis place. When I e-mailed Ramada headquarters they replied by saying my next visit I could stayfor half off!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business