“Jaw dropping dirty” 2 of 5 bubbles

Knights Inn Cleveland
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Cleveland
“Jaw dropping dirty”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

We arrived to one of the hottest rooms I have ever been in. It took every bit 24 hrs to cool because the air did not work right. Ok time for a shower NOPE shower did not work. Had to hang around in room with maintenance man for five hours to fix it. Asked for another room but was flat out told no we will fix it lol. Ok time for bed OMG NO SHEETS NO BLANKET just bottom sheet and that spread you know they never change. Ok so we know the bugs of the room now. NOPE THE BUGS WERE OUT IN FULL FORCE NEXT MORNING EWWWW ROACHES EVERYWHERE!!!!! If you don't mind paying to much for just nasty then this is the place to go but I will pay two thousand at another place before I go here again.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank oCDo

Gatlinburg, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2011

First the owner quarreled with me when I arrived and said the price she quoted on the phone was for one person, not two. A conversation that took place one hour prior and I know I said two people and a dog. Her husband finally agreed to the original quote as I was walking out the door. AND the room had two double beds!
The walls were paper thin and the room next door had a family residing there with a constant traffic of people and cars at all hours, also for some reason they threw their garbage in a wastebasket outside their door, especially their dirty diapers.The parking ,inches from the door, allowed not only noise but carbon monoxide from ignorant people warming their engines.
They claim a free breakfast but the lobby is barely big enough to fall over in, I noticed a cramped wall unit with an old coffeemaker. We never bothered to venture.
Our kitchenette had an oven with the upper coil burned out and the stove had three out of four burners inoperable.
The entrance has a deep pothole right off of a very busy road.
And check-out is at 10AM, not 11.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank MissFanny

Travelers are raving about these Cleveland hotels

Comstock Park, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2011

The first thing I noticed after I checked in was the wet floor under the sink. I called the front desk and they brought towels. To be fair, the night clerk did offer to move me to another room, but it was late and I was tired so I said, "Oh, it's just a little water. Just bring me extra towels." It wasn't until I got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night that I discovered it wasn't "just a little water." The carpet was completely soaked and the entire area was completely flooded. I also saw a roach run under the dresser when I turned the lights on. The next morning when I tried to brush my teeth I discovered the water had been completely shut off. They rented me a room that had no running water--except for the flooding. This is when I noticed the ice bucket had been placed under the sink pipes to catch drips, so I'm pretty sure they already knew the water had been shut off because of a leak. I went to the front desk to check out and ask for a refund. I told him I had no running water, and the first thing he said was, "I know." I also tried to tell him about the flooding and the ice bucket and the roach and he just kept saying, "I know. I know. We'll give you 10% off your next visit." I told him I had no intention of ever staying at a Knights Inn again! They knowingly rented a room that had been flooded and had had the water shut off, and they think 10% is good enough? I'm reporting them to the board of health. They'll be lucky to get a 10% rating!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank Snowbird49501
Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2008

We stopped in this Knights Inn on the drive home from Florida this April. We were greeted with a shoddy plastered nightmare, cracked tub, and torn mattresses.

While I could understand an older motel a little worse for wear and down on its luck so as not to have the extra funds to fix these problems, there is no excuse for the dead bugs, dirt, and "private" hair tucked in the corners of the bathroom floor. Towels were thrown haphazardly on the racks.

I've stayed in some run down motels in my life, but this place was just a disgrace to the chain and the folks who run it.
Drive a little further and find another place to stay.

• Liked — Location/Ease of access to I-75
  • Disliked — Everything else.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank MiaLaw16