“could have been better”

Days Inn Cleveland TN
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The front desk man present upon our arrival on 3/9/12 was very good, very helpful and knew what the word hospitality means. The room was clean and basic. But the next morning (3/10/12) we went for the "free breakfast" that's when the visit went sour. Breakfast ended at 9am. At 8:45 am the front desk man was informed that there was no more cofee in the pot his answer was "well we close at nine anyway". Then he was inforned that the waffle maker wasn't workinhg properly, he just shrugged his shoulder and continued sitting behind the front desk reading. Apparently this employee needs to learn what hospitality is and that the guest are actually who pay his paycheck. and this hotel will not be seeing any of my money again. To the front man that was present at 10 am on Sat 3/9/12 I will be more than willing to write a referral letter for you. You get a 5+ star from me and my family. To the owner of the facility 1st I suggest you take a lesson from other hotels and on weekends end breakfast at 10am, make sure you keep it stock and coffe should never be out. But most inportantly teach your employees that hospitality goes a long way.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We have typically picked Days inn due to good service and clean rooms. This time was a nightmare! We asked for a smoking room with 2 double beds. When we got to our room we found that it was already occupied. Thank goodness there wasn't anyone in the room when we opened the door! We went back to the front desk. He gave us a different room...when I tried to get into the room the door wouldn't open until I literally had to use my shoulder to open the door. The room was freezing! So we turned up the heat immediately...the floor in the bathroom was so cold we had to wear our shoes. Then. No ashtray.....really in a smoking room! It was a pit. In the bathroom there eats a lightbulb showing. Not covered. If it wasn't for the fact that it was late and we were tired I would have left to find a different place....I do not plan on staying at another Days Inn. It feels like the quality of the name has gone down the drain!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
BATAVIA
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My wife inadvertantly left her camera on the bed. We realized this about 45 minutes after we had checked out. We called the motel and notified them of the situation. We are absolutely certain that the camera was left on the bed. We were told that there wasn't a camera in the room. We called back 4 times to ask if it had been located, only to be told it hadn't. There is no doubt in my mind that one of the staff took the camera. We also had a bad experience with the room door that wouldn't close. We will avoid staying at Days Inn in the future.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We originally had reservations set for Super 8 of Cleveland. We had stayed there last year and were pleasantly surprised for the quality of service for the price. However this time they gave us the runaround with accepting our corporate discount. The front desk staff told us to call the 800 number. The customer service representatives told us to call the front desk. We got tired of the runaround and decided to cancel our reservation. We figured we would stay at Days Inn since it is part of the Wyndham Group and expected the same quality we had experienced at Super 8 the previous year. We were sorely disappointed. Starting with the room, it was very outdated. There was little padding on the chairs, and they felt as if you were going to fall through them. The table was wobbly as well, but these are issues that we could deal with. In the bathroom, the exhaust fan was non-existent, seeing as how it was covered by the ceiling's plaster. The bath did not work either, only the shower head worked. Again, these are issues that we could look beyond even though they were adding on. On the third morning of our stay, a random person tried getting into our room at 6 in the morning. Apparently he had stayed in the room the week before, and the front desk staff had told him to keep the keycard for him to rent the room again. We went to the desk to complain, and they made it seem as if there wasn't anything wrong with trying to rent out our room to someone else. Since we paid with a debit card, we knew we wouldn't see a refund for several days if we had left that day. Since we had already paid for a 5 night stay, we didn't have the money to leave the hotel and go to a new one. So we stayed but were completely dissatisfied. On our last two nights, the room two doors down was occupied by about 6 or 7 people that were partying on the balcony drinking beer and talking very loud until about 11 PM. This is not the type of environment we want to be around while traveling with our two year-old and newborn baby. It is needless to say that we will NEVER stay at this Days Inn or any other. We probably won't ever stay at any Wyndham Group hotel either. There are plenty of other hotels that we can stay at during our semiannual trips to Cleveland, TN, and we will definitely be staying there instead.

Room Tip: A room at a different hotel would be better.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2012

The Hotel was pleasant enough but our granddaughter left her prescription glasses in the hotel room. We called the day we left and we were told the manager had to handle the situation and she wouldn't be in for 2 more days. To make a long story short, I made 5 calls (the first time leaving my address, which had to be repeated 4 times, and leaving my phone number with all 5 calls) to the hotel and after 12 days, someone finally returned my phone call. I was given a tracking number for UPS and discovered they had just sent the package out, but during my conversation I was told the $16.00 sh&h cost was for the glasses and the cell phone. We did not leave a cell phone and we followed the tracking only to find out it went to Napoleon, OH instead of our Michigan address. So we are out the cost of sh&h and we have to get our granddaughter a new pair of glasses. I called once again and was told the manager could be contacted in 3 days to try to resolve the situation. The communication at this hotel is horrendous!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Gay Ann R R
Reviewed November 13, 2009

Do not stay here!! I was ROBBED!! Someone broke into my room, when I left to eat dinner-no damage to the locks, but they managed to rifle through my belongings and took my cash!! There was no resolution, even after one year. The police took my information, but nothing further was done. For your own safety, keep on driving.....

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo