“Nuttin Fancy, but Clean”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We were looking for a clean affordable bed for the night. This hotel is just that, it's not fancy, very basic, the towels are thin and a little hard, the bed was comfortable enough, would benefit from a memory foam mattress topper. Breakfast was adequate. Excellent WiFi coverage and it's free. We had a no smoking room, sadly it wasn't a no smoking floor but the smell in the hallway wasn't as bad as it could have been. The room smelled fresh and clean, no trace of smoke. Overall a good clean place to spend the night.

• Stayed: August 2011

Reviewed July 30, 2011

Stayed here on way home from Florida vacation. Exterior is questionable. Rooms are neat and pretty clean. Carpet not very old. Sheets clean, beds comfy enough. There is a fridge and microwave. Bathroom clean enough too. Towels were worn- scratchy; clean sheets, pillows, bur blanket worn- 'pilly'. It is VERY noisy though- could hear traffic and neighbors all around and above. Easy on and off I 75 with several restaurants close. Would not really
recommend for real long stay unless only using as sleeping room but was adequate for us as we made our way home.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I normally stay at the Hampton Inn that is right next door to this Quality in in Cleveland. The Hampton was booked on the night that I needed a room so I crossed my fingers, trusted trip advisor and went next door to the Quality Inn. I travel most every week for business and look for a safe, comfortable and above all CLEAN hotel and was a bit nervous from the hotel's older exterior. However, I was pleasantly surprised after walking into the lobby. It was neat and clean with a large breakfast area. The front desk was polite and efficient and had me quickly checked into a room. The hallways were tidy and thoroughly vaccumed on the second floor. The A/C was initially off in my room which made it HOT but it quickly cooled down when I turned it on. The room was decently sized with a microwave and minifridge. The furniture was simple but in great condition, the carpet newer and very clean. The bed was comfortable with new bedding and the bathroom was clean (a tiny spot of mildew on the bottom of the shower curtain but that was the worst I came across in the whole hotel). The wireless was sluggish but I was still able to complete my work. All of this for more than $40.00 less than the Hampton. Remember, it's still a Quality Inn - it's not an upscale hotel but if you are looking for a clean, comfortable stay at a great value then I highly recommend staying at the Quality Inn in Cleveland. I will certainly not hesitate to return!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank businesstraveler009
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Check in was fast and friendly, the room was one of the cleanest hotel rooms that I have ever stayed in and breakfast was well tended and enjoyable. My wife and I always travel with our two small dogs and usually the “pet rooms” are not as well kept at most hotels as the other rooms. Our “pet room” was odor free and in excellent condition. It is clear that the owner of this hotel takes pride in her hotel and her work. Not only will we stay at this hotel again, we look forward to it.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2011

I found this hotel about a month ago. I got it for an extended stay. I am back in TN again and the first place I came was back here. I'll be staying another week this time.
I dont understand the comments about the owner, as she has been more than helpful to me with anything I need! You can tell she cares about the hotel and keeps it really clean. Much cleaner than most hotels I end up in. At times I get phobias about hotel rooms and what might be in them from earlier guests but I am totally at home here. The walls are all clean and well taken care of, the bedspreads are new and you can tell they get laundered. The bathtub is clean, the remote and telephone is clean. All the things that usually get dirty at hotels are taken care of here and it is refreshingly clean!
Besides being clean the beds are good, there is a microwave and little ice box which helps a lot during extended stays and the price is very good. I checked out several hotels nearby before finding this one and as soon as I saw the room, I knew it was where I wanted to stay. The rates are better than most around here and the other hotels looked dirty and run down.

The location only got 4 stars from me because it is close to the Highway. I dont notice unless I have my door open but it is close to many places so its worth not being able to keep the door open all the time, which most people dont want to do anyways. There are plenty of restaurants and fast food places really close and even a place to go shopping in a strip mall nearby.

The AC/heater works great and there is a safe in the room too. The shower is nice and I dont have to bend to get under it at all. The curtains are good at blocking out the light so I can sleep late if I want to. The parking is good, never overcrowded so I can look outside and see my car at all times. The grounds are kept up nicely too and it is very beautiful here.

They are very pet friendly and I need that in a hotel. I can let my dog go out without having to worry too much about the traffic. Oh and the tv has a lot of stations and free HBO and internet. I hate when I go to a hotel and it has only 20 channels. This one has plenty to offer.

The best thing though is the friendliness of the owners. They get everything right in the rooms before you get here and then do whatever they can to help my stay be more comfortable.

I RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL AND I WILL USE IT EVERY TIME I AM IN CLEVELAND! !

~~~Linda

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank denizen151
Reviewed March 30, 2011

As a female student needing to travel for her medical rotations, I look for safety, cleanliness, value, and good staff as well as amenities. I felt the Quality Inn of Cleveland offered all of these. I felt the room was spotless, comfortable, and safe. The owner/staff could not have been more helpful or accommodating of my needs. For long term stay, I was told that a reduced rate would be available. My on regret was that I didn't discover this place sooner! I could have easily stayed long term comfortably!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank sshev
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Can't stress enough about good service. This Quality totally lacked it. Set Quality Inn as as destination based on good previous experience. Better customer service could have made this stay 100% better. As my husband said this particular Quality is best for bald headed Draculas! We didn't sleep at all and when we showered we had to share this condiment sized ketchup packet of shampoo, weiredst thing I ever saw in a hotel. I informed the morning clerk that our recliner was broke and almost flipped out of it, that a spider as big a sliver dollor was squashed on the wall because when I got up at 200 am to see what all the noise outside was it scared me when I turned on the light, she didn't care, didn't even apologize for the inconvienence.The bed was like sleeping ont he floor, a -1 out of 5. You can hear every, and I mean every car door close, every car drive by, every step the customerr upstairs takes, every flush upstairs sounded like a waterfall in our room. Room was clean except for the 7 or 8 noticable cigarette burns in the comforter. I would definatly recommend on passing on this hotel unless you don't need to sleep.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple