“Great View, Updated furniture, clean”
Review of Riverview Inn

Riverview Inn
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
Reviewed April 16, 2007

I checked tripadvisor/ here before my stay and was a bit nervous because of the poor reviews; I didn't need to be. I had a very nice stay. The room was nicely furnished, everything was very clean and updated, and the view of the river and the forests and fields beyond the river were a delight to wake up to every day. The pool, on the main level, is great for a small hotel pool, and the fitness room, on the 2nd floor, included a small variety of NEW cardio equipment and a 4-station nautilus weight system, and a TV, with a big window, and you need to get a key from the front desk to use it. I was the only one using it when I went down and I was very comfortable, but if someone else came or 2 more, I would not have been.
The mattress was comfortable, but if you are at all picky, bring your own pillow - these are firm foam.
The pub inside the hotel is pretty good, and the breakfast buffet was OK: included 2 hot items (scrambled egg rounds, and a breakfast meat), but nothing special, unless you are a biscuits and gravy person and this appeared one day of our week long stay.
The free wireless was great, but not every room had it - so if this is important let the front desk know. Otherwise the lobby is wifi ready, with very comfortable furniture, including a table with a few chairs for an informal meeting. There is a large screen TV in the lobby too.
Not so Good: the paper thin walls. Not much can be done about this other than hope you are lucky and your neighbors don't snore, put on the TV late, or even talk on the phone in a medium voice....really, honest, paper thin! I didn't have much of a problem, but I count myself lucky that I went to sleep late and needed to wake up early, and my neighbor didn't snore - that was a problem for some of my colleagues on this trip. And from what I could figure out - the rooms on the end may be quieter, but they did not get wireless reception.
The 'old town' area is a work in progress, but go up the street on foot and you will come upon a few restaurants and pubs to choose from. The Blackhorse Brewery served pretty good food and nice local brews. The Steak and Piano Bar Restaurant is the nicest and best eatery within walking distance, and just a few dollars more than the others. Best prepared fish and steaks many of us had had in many months, so check this out. It only has been open a couple of months. All the staff are great, and the upstairs piano bar is a fun find.
Going the other direction from the hotel, on River Road, you will find a Thai restaurant. $7 Entrees (good price), NOT fancy, no liquor license, quality: Okay, but if you REALLY want something asian this is your best bet. Otherwise, get in the car and go looking for BarBQ on the main drags near the highways. Ask at the front desk, every local has a favorite place.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank cjindc

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed December 26, 2005

We stayed here for the weekend of my neice's wedding, and she had blocked rooms for all the family getting us a discount rate of $65/night. When we tried to check out the clerk had charged us $95/night. When I told her I was under the wedding party and had a block rate of $65 she told me that I would just have to sign my credit card for the $95/night and call back on Monday to talk to a Supervisor to see if I could get reimbursed. When I declined and asked to see a manager she busted out crying (like her dog just died) and called the manager who was OFF that day and there was no one of mgmt in the building it was like a ghost town -- it was just a Sunday in September not a holiday. We had to wait for the manager to come in (who arrived 30 minutes later in flip flops) to change the rate and charge my credit card to the correct amount -- while the clerk stayed in the back corner STILL crying. I work in customer service and I was more then patient with her I never even raised my voice. She was such a twit! Customer service is not where this poor girl belongs. This was just the final straw of a less then mediocre weekend stay. If you want a nice hotel and great weekend its worth the 45 minute commute to Nashville for real hospitality. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY AT THE RIVERVIEW!

• Stayed: September 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
atlanta, GA
Reviewed February 19, 2005

To high for value recieved!! Don't stay there. Hot water in shower sculled my children. Wouldnt recommend.

san antonio, tx
Reviewed July 11, 2004

hotel room had a foul odor coming from the sinks drainage pipes, asked for a different room but no availability, and no refund, was given a discount to my dismay. very dissapointed. kitchen/restaurant food was over priced for mcdonalds quality food.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
panama city, fl
Reviewed January 13, 2004

This hotel is great!! The staff is very helpful and very freindly. We had been in town for a wedding and we were very impressed on the size and value of the hotel rates. Riverview Inn will always be our favorite hotel in tennessee.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rock Island, IL
Reviewed October 4, 2003

Average room. Average price paid. Early morning staff did not follow through with a request. Banquet staff and their service was above average, courteous and friendly. Yes, I would stay here again.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Nashville, TN
Reviewed April 30, 2003

Do not bother to make a reservation at this hotel, because it is worthless. I made a reservation for my husband to stay here while working in Clarksville, and after a ten hour day of work he tried to check in and they said they were full, and they could not give him his room. He had a confirmation number, but it was worthless. They refused to honor his reservation in any way. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone for any reason.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member